Getting Rid of Sugar

Norbert I know it’s sugar with caffeine because I’ve tested it many times with the same result. It’s the only thing consistent and predictable about my Ataxia. I’ve been at this for 15 years. The combination of the two creates a kind of stimulation to my nervous system that totally overwhelms it. Eating caffeine without sugar in whatever form you choose does not do it. I substitute artificial sweetener and have no problem. I first discovered It when drinking coke. It was quite by accident. I changed to diet coke and no problem then later noticed that this occurred whenever I ate something high sugar with caffeine. Anything in the desert or drink that slows the absorbtion of the two such as a lot of cream doesn’t do the same thing.

Maryseas,
Thanks for the tip on vinegar and it’s link. I haven’t had a chance to read it yet but I will.

Jeanie: thank you for your lengthy and very helpful responce.

:-) your welcome!

Dear Neta:

I took the liberty of reading your profile and it looks like you do have a lot of allergic reactions like a hives breakout and antibodies in your blood. I'm not a doctor, but if you can find out what is causing you to have hives and allergic reactions, you can avoid those specific foods which may also be causing inflammation and having neurological impact. I'm not a doctor, but just a thought... All my best to you.

neta said:

neta said:

I think Norbert has a point, There are numerous conflicting food reports for ataxia, many of them are, I fear, wishful thinking. I always feel the same only worse.. Food, in fact, nothing seems to make much difference. My main dr. was once asked if there is anything special I should eat. He said anything "tasty". Nevertheless, I am currently, privately, conducting an experiment and eliminating gluten from my diet-- my gluten sensitivity tests were normal. As it is, I barely eat meat (just once a week-- and a small amt) never drink milk (but do have a yogurt here and there) and eat many vegetables and fruits. Sugar? It cant be great. I avoid sugary drinks, cakes, cookies ice cream--mainly cause I want to kick the gluten habit. I do have wine here and there. My main "downfall" however, is chocolate. Late at night, feeling depleted by Life, and punished by God, I sit in an easy chair and watch TV and lunge for anything that has chocolate in it. Only sweetness will allay my worries. N

Thanks Barb…
Curious thing cause the IVIG (or something) seems to have eliminated the hives.