Lowering some expectations

Oreberry, take care of yourself. I am sorry to here about your diagnosis. I’m sure you are welcome to stay on this site, even if you do not share the same conditions. You may find some of the information conveyed here useful. Although I don’t blame you for just moving on to deal with your own “stuff”.
All the best for the future for you, be well.
Dave.

:slightly_smiling_face:Thank you for your kind words Emily. Very best wishes for the future​:kissing_heart:xB

I am not as nice as you. I was angry on behalf of me. It was one of my ways to deal with all the losses and lower expectations I have. Fortunately,after seven years, my “new reality” is more normal to me. That does not mean I do not wish all my physical problems would just go away, but I know not to expect that.

Oreberry, I also wish you well and will miss you if you decide to leave. Remember that one does not need to have a specific disorder to have ataxia. Also, Different people have different symptoms.

OMGosh Linda4. You’re right. I still have ataxia, just not hereditary
spinocerebral ataxia. I don’t think I’ll leave. I like checking in. Thanks.

2 Likes

Oreberry, I don’t have a hereditary SCA either, but I certainly have ataxia (from surgery to remove a Brain Tumor) and the symptoms are very real.

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face: We share similar symptoms, that’s enough to make us Birds of a Feather​:wink: And, it’s ok to simply ‘pass the time of day’ :slightly_smiling_face:xB

1 Like

Hello, how are you with everything now? Do you take your workout at a lower impact so you can do any work outs? Have you looked at youtube videos on different types of workout even medical condition workouts like Parkinson workouts?