Positive progession!

As my kids say. I always say wrong things. . Nice hearing all the different stories

Lori.

Michael said:

Yeah! I did'nt take anything bad from what you wrote. :)

Sorry if I made it look like I did take something bad as that was not the intention.

My neurologists sometimes giggle with me too by the way - it actually helps our sessions go along nicely.

Hi Michael-I 100% agree with you on staying in a positive mindset. Even though I’ve completely failed at this numerous times, I refuse to give up trying-there is something very good about being hard-headed and determined!:slight_smile:

Hi

I really like the part about controlling our attitude because its all we have control over.

Also, I just want to add that lately I have been trying to keep my mind in the present, and not think about the things I used to do or wanted to do in the future, but the things I can do now. I have been practicing this for years but periodically realize, (like recently) that I have been forgetting. It really helps, and I have read that if practiced it has makes a difference in brain function. I totally think there is something good about being hard-headed and determined.

Bella, that's a wonderful idea (not thinking about the past or future, just the present). Although I tend to have a positive attitude, I find myself feeling "down" about not being able to do what I used to do, and being concerned about the future and what might happen with my ataxia. I'm going to try to keep myself in the present, and be happy with what I can do at this time! It'll take practice, but will definitely be worth the effort! I think I'll be more content and handle my ataxia better! Yes, I agree, there is something good about being hard-headed and determined! Thank you Bella (and all members who commented) for your inspiring insight!!! ;o)

Very well put Bella!

I strongly believe that trying to stay as positive as possible* and looking for positives rather than negatives is a huge help.

Part of staying positive is coming to terms with the idea that we should keep an eye on the now, not worry to much about the future and not dwell on the past to much.

Best regards,

Michael.

*Of course, we have to be aware of overdoing the positivity and manufacturing 'false' positives that could be detremental in the longer term! I still maintain that a positive attitude, where possible, is best. :)

Well said Michael!!! ;o)