Rigid wheelchairs

Hi all, I have found a South African made Rollability wheelchair. The only problem is it has a rigid frame. My dad ever the comedian said that's no problem, we can sit the frame on the back seat of the car and pretend it's the third passenger. Dad is an engineer and said Rollability chairs are well made, He said that I should consider getting one.

Do any of you have ridged framed wheelchairs are you happy with them?

Thanks Linda

Hi there Linda, I am very far from you in terms of needs but I admire the apparently open, cool , humorous relationship u have with your Dad over this. I wish I did.

Hi, my son has always used a ridged chair and he loves it. In theory, all of the energy that you put into a push and doesn’t get lost within the folding mechanism.
Your Dad is right by the way, if you take the wheels off and flip the anti tips round (if you have them) the chair sits on the seat next to you with a seatbelt round it :-))

Hi Neta thank you so much for your reply. xx Linda

neta said:

Hi there Linda, I am very far from you in terms of needs but I admire the apparently open, cool , humorous relationship u have with your Dad over this. I wish I did.

Hi Caseslot, when I get the new chair which may take a couple of months I will post a pic on LWA x Linda

caseslot said:

Hi, my son has always used a ridged chair and he loves it. In theory, all of the energy that you put into a push and doesn't get lost within the folding mechanism.
Your Dad is right by the way, if you take the wheels off and flip the anti tips round (if you have them) the chair sits on the seat next to you with a seatbelt round it :-))