Shopping carts buggies and safety

When I can drive to town I park close to front of store n get shopping cart in parking lot to go in store. I am thankful for the carts. Makes access in, through n out of store a lot easier. I also put my purse in the baby seat in cart n use the baby seatbelt and run it through the handles of my purse n lock it. A lot of women’s purses r snatched in grocery while they r shopping. I prefer to use carts because u don’t “look quite so vulnerable” especially if u r by yourself at town. I try to go with my son when possible.b

Yes.. I agree.. anything that makes me feel 'normal'.. great to drive too. I know some people phone the store and have someone bring a trolley to the car. I always use bag that goes round my neck and put coat on over it.

I used a mix ture.Blue badge,husband and wheelchair.For years I used husband and trolley.i have adapted.

Good idea to phone the store.Most people here in the country have online deliveries.I see the vans.They haven't even got ataxia.I suppose it's a matter of adapting to your circumstances.

I LOVE the shopping carts at stores! I also get one in parking lot if possible. If not I walk with my cane into the store, and get a cart. I put my cane in and also use the baby seat for my purse. As, it's frigid cold here, one must wear a coat (I live in the US, in the State of Michigan). Therefore, I place my coat on top of my purse, and hold onto the strap of my purse, as it's long. I use cross body purses, as they're easier for me with my cane! A cart is like a walker, as you can hold on with two hands, very secure! Trolley's are great for someone who cannot walk or has trouble walking distances. That's a good idea to call ahead for one!..., ;o)

I live with my son and his wife, and don't drive their car, so I always have someone with me....so I do love the buggies, so whoever drives with me to the store, gets the buggy and brings it to me...but I have to have the walker whenever there is not a buggy....except I can manage at home okay without it. I can drive, but they prefer me not to drive their car for insurance reasons, but when I travel home, I do drive my sisters car.

Yes, the Wal-mart Walkers make one seem normal. I don't drive any more, but Hubby always gets a cart for me either in the parking lot or going inside and bringing one out to me. That is a good idea to call ahead, It is not so easy to push a loaded cart as it used to be, so if that is an option you might have two carts and let someone else push the loaded one. Recently shopped with my daughter and she figured I wanted a motorized cart--I didn;t like it so well at this point. I use a rollator to get around at home and most other places. I am glad to hear how people protect their purse while shopping as this has always been a concern, as some friends and relaions have had their purse snatched over the years. Maybe the motorized carts are similar to driving for me!

I am looking for a trolley shopping walker...I have seen them on amazon....they are sturdy and good for walking and living with atazia...is there anyplace that sells these? like walmart or other? they look classy and have stability....and I use a steel cane also... walker's don't work for me. .and a cane is ok ...but I need a trolley shopping walker...if anyone knows where I can purchase one here in the US, I would appreciate it...shopping carts are great in RITE AID.. to walk around in store...only they don't sell them......thank you for any help, on this....g

granny h said:

Yes, the Wal-mart Walkers make one seem normal. I don't drive any more, but Hubby always gets a cart for me either in the parking lot or going inside and bringing one out to me. That is a good idea to call ahead, It is not so easy to push a loaded cart as it used to be, so if that is an option you might have two carts and let someone else push the loaded one. Recently shopped with my daughter and she figured I wanted a motorized cart--I didn;t like it so well at this point. I use a rollator to get around at home and most other places. I am glad to hear how people protect their purse while shopping as this has always been a concern, as some friends and relaions have had their purse snatched over the years. Maybe the motorized carts are similar to driving for me!

do you have any idea where I can find a trolley walker...I need one to walk for stability. with atazia...thank you...gina I do drive, but walking is hard with balance....
rose said:

I LOVE the shopping carts at stores! I also get one in parking lot if possible. If not I walk with my cane into the store, and get a cart. I put my cane in and also use the baby seat for my purse. As, it's frigid cold here, one must wear a coat (I live in the US, in the State of Michigan). Therefore, I place my coat on top of my purse, and hold onto the strap of my purse, as it's long. I use cross body purses, as they're easier for me with my cane! A cart is like a walker, as you can hold on with two hands, very secure! Trolley's are great for someone who cannot walk or has trouble walking distances. That's a good idea to call ahead for one!..., ;o)

Hi Gina,

there are shopping trolleys at Walmart They differ in prizing. For supporting your walking in my experience the trolley should be as stable as possible, and you should try to walk with it first before buying it.

I am preferring this version: Hopefully you can call up the link..

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Honey-Can-Do-Rolling-Fabric-Cart-Orange/23869044?action=product_interest&action_type=title&placement_id=irs_middle&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=75325292858&category=0%3A4044%3A90828%3A925639&client_guid=73c88f0f-8307-4a4a-a050-eb93c3300ccf&config_id=0&parent_item_id=23869047&guid=c6a72535-ad53-4b6e-a6ff-7b8cc5203bcf&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&findingMethod=p13n

In Los Angeles there are existing several walmart.shops You will know them, and also the webside.To go for sure:here is the link with the contact data/adresses:

http://www.whitepages.com/store-locator/CA/Los-Angeles/Walmart

As you will already know you can pick up the items or let them send to your home.

Sorry to say that the cheapest trolleys you can buy directly in a shop in Vienna are much cheaper, but i have to buy them anew after some months.

Good luck!

Akita

I put my purse in baby seat area in front of cart n run seatbelt through purse straps. I figure if they snatch my purse they will have to drag cart n maybe they will get caught!!

I recently purchased an Access Active Rollator on Amazon (I'd add a picture of it, but am technically challenged and don't know how...,ha!). You walk behind it, and can hold on with two hands. I LOVE it! It has two large wheels in the front, and two smaller wheels in the back. Also has a seat (you can easily lock the wheels for sitting) and removable basket. It fold easily for transport in my car, and I can lift it in and out myself. The two handles are easily adjustable and it had hand brakes. In fact, everything about it is easy! Now I can go for walks outside alone, without my husband. I could use it in my house if necessary, but got it for walking outside, or for stores that don't have carts to push. Walmart had the best price, but they were out-of-stock online, so I payed more from Amazon. ;o)