Weight gain

I have put on extra weight in the past few months
…iam not mobile but inhave to lose weight…any suggestions"

You probably already tried cutting out sugar - not easy!!

I use passive exercise pedals but that takes self discipline too! You can find them on ebay but make sure they are 'powered' and not manual - this is the one I have

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Powered-Pedal-Exerciser-Oxycycle-Used-Once-/111027844966?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Mobility_Disability_Medical_ET&hash=item19d9c67766

OXYCYCLE

Good Luck,

Patsy

Hi,

I put on a lot of weight,and doctor suggested I had a blood test done for an underactive thyroid.

The test showed that my thyroid was underactive and one of the symptoms is weight gain.

I take a small tablet each day.

And get a blood test every so often

I can no longer walk or talk.I used to be thin and do a lot of walking and gardening.Now I have a spare tyre around my middle and have had to buy huge trousers. I have spoken about the problem with my Neurophysiotherapist and she has given me some bed exercises and mentioned a static bike be useful.The exercises I was given just a year ago are not appropriate now.

I seem to have cut out everything nice except chocolate.I am hoping the warmer weather will be more cconducive.Til then I am going to remain a hippopotamus with an ever expanding stomache.

My extra weight is almost definitely a more sedentary life.I am trying to use an indoor rollator rather than a wheelcchair at this moment but there will come a time when safety is a consideration . and outweighs the increase in weight.

I have as well put it down to being less active
Can’t wait for weather to break so I can get out more
Xx
Good luck with the weight

I also want, no need to, lose some weight. I spent 12 days in the Intensive Care Unit in May with pancreatitis.I gained twenty pounds in 2 months. I sure the weight gain didn't help. Anyway, I developed diabetes as a result and know I just can't stop eating.

HEY JOEHAMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES....WE ALL KNOW ABOUT WEIGHT GAIN..OUR FAVORITE!!!!!!heehee GO TO A WEBSITE CALLED

www.walkingwithataxia DR THOMAS CLAUSE WILL HELP YOU UNDERSTAND SOME. I ASK HIM ABOUT THE WEIGHT AND HE SAID YOU HAVE TO GET IT OFF THE OLD FASHION WAY AND BUST BUNS!!!!!! I AM STILL TRYING

AND I HAVE ABOUT 100 LBS TO LOOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!! WITH THE HEAVENLY FATHER AT MY SIDE....THERE IS NOTHING I CAN'T DO..........................AMEN! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.JOEHAMED,

I HAVE A TREADMILL...STATIONARY BIKE.... FLUIDITY BAR..... ROWER...AND HAND WEIGHTS AND BALL....

TRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Joe, I attend Weight Watchers weekly (to weigh in and sit through a 1/2 hour meeting) and have lost about 30 LBS. I've been attending for a couple years, but would like to lose 30 more. I do exercises for strength and balance and use a cane when I leave home to prevent falls (my balance is compromised big-time). Even if you're not mobile, there are still many things you can do in terms of exercise. I like Weight Watchers because I live to eat, not eat to live...,ha! It's not a "diet", but a way of life. It works on a point system, therefore any food is allowed (within reason for certain foods) as long as you count the points. My best to you..., ;o)