Who in your life do you feel really tells you the truth? About

Who in your life do you feel really tells you the truth? About............. Why?

Nobody

Me, I believe my husband will tell me the truth about how he is feeling toward me. I hope!

no one says anything useful or meaningful

My 12 year old about everything!

Never thought about that before... I hope my son and daughter inlaw and husband do but I have my doubts.

Maybe they just tell me what they think I would like to hear.

x

My husband seems to tell me the truth about my functioning, which I think has saved my life and our baby's life. I tend to underestimate how my ataxia affects me.

I think everyone else just tells me what they think I want to hear, which isn't always actually what I DO want to hear.

I love how kids can be so brutally honest!
displaymom said:

My 12 year old about everything!

I believe most people tend to underestimate how their ataxia effects them. My husband would tell me the truth if I asked him. I think a lot of times we really don't want to know how bad our ataxia looks to others!

Interesting thought, Jodie. Even if we are brave enough to find out how our ataxia looks to others, I think we have an idea of how it looks, even without asking. But what are we to do? If we dwell on how bad we look, that makes us (me) spiral into even worse depression. But if I see myself as a soul with a damaged body I can live life better and can go on like I'm a "normal" person (whatever that is :-) I definitely have my moments of doubt though ).

Jodie said:

I believe most people tend to underestimate how their ataxia effects them. My husband would tell me the truth if I asked him. I think a lot of times we really don't want to know how bad our ataxia looks to others!

I find some people act one way in public and another in private, they are eager to grab the door handle for you when people are around but in private you have to open the door for them. I also think they don't realize this is happening. I get tired of suck it up or I need some big boy panties, some people are very hurtful.

My husband tells me the truth. I've been living with this for a long time that I've learned how to live or work with my symptoms. He always is there to help me when I fall or stumble, writes for me if I have to leave a note and always carry's my morning cup of coffee or my drinks to the table. At work it was much harder for my friends to tell me the truth. My friends at work write my notes or anything I have to leave for anyone and asked me why I had to stop and plan my path to walk if it was crowded at the store. Now since I told them what I have, they're always helping me and treat me as a co-worker and friend. In fact they're always watching out for me.

My wife.

If my husband was alive, I think it would be him. I have many friends, but I think they don’t want to hurt me. I feel that the answer would be ME.

I have some friends that I trust with every aspect of my life. They include me in many aspects of their lives. I never knew people could be so kind. I appreciate them & all that they & their relatives do. I know that they tell me the truth all of the time. My wife also tells me the truth all of the time. She takes excellent care of me.

I trust my gut as long as it’s connected to something bigger than myself that’s non-ego-related…in my individual case, when my gut is aligned with the Divine / whatever others choose to label this.

Me mostly but, I can be fooled

My husband - he tells me everything including what goes on at work, how things are with life in general I've only asked him once how he sees the ataxia side of me and that was about how I sleep he says you curl up like a hamster yer hands fold over themselves and do same with feet he finds it cute.

Myself- for how I really feel about situations and my ataxia I do not lie to myself if I'm having a bad day i'll say it and moderate things however I hate admitting i'm sick and thats the one thing I'm not always truthful on to avoid gong to Dr's since saw them so much in childhood and teenage years lol.

Mum - for how she feels about others and herself going through her own disabilities and adjusting things we share a big bond she now understands how it is for me as she is severely disabled herself. It breaks my heart to see her struggling I saw my mum as my biggest supporter in life battling with me an now she has her own huge battle just thinking of it makes me cry we support eachother across an ocean and there are days I could murder for a hug and to sit with her for a few hours/

Dear Jeannie, My family and close friends tells me the truth about everything! I'm an honest person and probably a bit naive, so I'm very trusting of most people, so hopefully my truth is their truth...,ha! I chuckled at your answer, Patsy (telling you what you want to hear), as that hit close to home for sure!...,LOL!!! ;o)