Appt with New Doctor

Hi Everyone!

I have an appt at the USF ataxia research center with Dr. Zesiewicz and I was wondering if anyone has gone to her or knows of her. I had a friend of a friend recommend her for ataxia. I'm wondering if they do any research with gluten ataxia.

thanks for your comments!

no sorry

Greetings
My daughter has been evaluated and treated by Dr. Theresa Zesiewicz, MD. She is quite knowledgable and is particularly interested in Friedreich’s Ataxia. Our daughter contracted encephalitis when she was six years old. Dr. Z. tried a few things for her without benefit. The staff at USF leaves a little to be desired. Dr. Zesiewicz was supposed to hook my daughter up with a support group which never happened. We went there for an appointment only to find that the date had been changed. We have since taken our daughter to the University of Florida/Shands Center for Movement Disorders. She has been evaluated by Dr. Subramony who is extremely thorough. The team there is attentive and they pay attention to detail, following through consistently. If you are in need of a second opinion I would suggest seeing them. I believe you will find it to be well worth the trip.
Wishing you the very best
Mark

Actually She Authorized me to go and have some blood work done to get to the bottom of my ataxia, I would recommend her She seems a bit Busy but she was friendly, I am not 100% sure about her Gluten Ataxia Work but I would go to your appt and see what she may have to say in the meantime check out the link I sent you, if you don't have it bookmark it and read up on it.

Link for you. http://health.usf.edu/medicine/neurology/ataxia/index.htm

Hi - you can search using the search box by the sign-in link. I’m pretty sure that this doctor has been mentioned before.

Also, this discussion topic might come in handy:

http://forum.livingwithataxia.org/profiles/blogs/preparing-for-an-appointment-with-a-new-doctor

Thanks! I appreciate that info. I Have been to USF neurology and didn't like it but a friend said this doctor was good. I Have also been on UF's site and clicked to get info and received two phone calls from them to follow up with an appt. Dr. Tetsuo Ashizawa and Dr. Sub Subramony is who I googled as being in the ataxia clinic there. They called me Friday and I was at my son's graduation so I told them I would call on Monday. Thanks so much for the info, I think I will go ahead and make an appt with UF.

Teamdawson said:

Greetings
My daughter has been evaluated and treated by Dr. Theresa Zesiewicz, MD. She is quite knowledgable and is particularly interested in Friedreich's Ataxia. Our daughter contracted encephalitis when she was six years old. Dr. Z. tried a few things for her without benefit. The staff at USF leaves a little to be desired. Dr. Zesiewicz was supposed to hook my daughter up with a support group which never happened. We went there for an appointment only to find that the date had been changed. We have since taken our daughter to the University of Florida/Shands Center for Movement Disorders. She has been evaluated by Dr. Subramony who is extremely thorough. The team there is attentive and they pay attention to detail, following through consistently. If you are in need of a second opinion I would suggest seeing them. I believe you will find it to be well worth the trip.
Wishing you the very best
Mark

Thanks I will take a look at it! Appreciate the info!

Leyton Lad said:

Actually She Authorized me to go and have some blood work done to get to the bottom of my ataxia, I would recommend her She seems a bit Busy but she was friendly, I am not 100% sure about her Gluten Ataxia Work but I would go to your appt and see what she may have to say in the meantime check out the link I sent you, if you don't have it bookmark it and read up on it.

Link for you. http://health.usf.edu/medicine/neurology/ataxia/index.htm

Thanks I will check it out!

Glitter on Butterflies said:

Hi - you can search using the search box by the sign-in link. I'm pretty sure that this doctor has been mentioned before.

Also, this discussion topic might come in handy:

http://forum.livingwithataxia.org/profiles/blogs/preparing-for-an-app...