At Johns Hopkins

Hi there all,

I have been away for a while. I am in the USA at Johns Hopkin's Ataxia Center but so far have nothing to report. It's been hell dealing with the snow and ice. Same old, same old. Husband unhelpful; kids confused; parent's worried..... Curious if anyone's been here in Batlimore??

I am from Maryland, neta, and my son was initially treated at Hopkins. We had plenty of visits to the hospital, but not the Ataxia Center. It has been so much snowier than usual this year.

Went to John Hopkins many times when 1st had this. (10 yrs. ago), was diagnosed with Spinal Cord Injury. The Ataxia Center was not available at that time. Before Johns Hopkins, went to Duke, diagnosed with Spinal Cerrebella Ataxia - no cure. Johns hopkins (travel to) is somewhat of a nightmare, construction everywhere and re-routing roads - JH is a very busy hospital; they are good.

Hi Neta,
Just yesterday, I was wondering how you were doing and here you areā€¦
I do not have any experience with John Hopkins Hospital, but you could not be in better hands at Johns Hopkins. It is ranked #1 in the USA for neurology and neurosurgery.

I wish you the best and hope you find an answer to your questions.
Hope all the snow has melted or at least some of it.

yes, you are right; there is mucho snow...

dancermom said:

I am from Maryland, neta, and my son was initially treated at Hopkins. We had plenty of visits to the hospital, but not the Ataxia Center. It has been so much snowier than usual this year.

So far, I havent been thru the pearly gates...

Faye Mays said:

Went to John Hopkins many times when 1st had this. (10 yrs. ago), was diagnosed with Spinal Cord Injury. The Ataxia Center was not available at that time. Before Johns Hopkins, went to Duke, diagnosed with Spinal Cerrebella Ataxia - no cure. Johns hopkins (travel to) is somewhat of a nightmare, construction everywhere and re-routing roads - JH is a very busy hospital; they are good.

Thanks and we shall see...... gettng an appointment is no easy task..
Cicina said:

Hi Neta,
Just yesterday, I was wondering how you were doing and here you are...
I do not have any experience with John Hopkins Hospital, but you could not be in better hands at Johns Hopkins. It is ranked #1 in the USA for neurology and neurosurgery.

I wish you the best and hope you find an answer to your questions.
Hope all the snow has melted or at least some of it.