Balance

I'm not sure, but I feel that my gait has slighty improved. I do not take walking as a natural, automatic thing. I concentrate strongly attempting to walk straight without the easier leg spread, and to strike heel first with "toes in the air" rolling into the push-off without a semi flat foot strike. It seems silly to work so hard on relearning how to do such a childish thing. I just don't see how to improve by continuing walk errors. Don't accept; fight it! ps: does Dr. Clouse have a website?
Stephanie said:

HI, My husband relearned to walk and balance through Dr. Tom Clouse. He has a website walking with ataxia. Dr. Clouse spent two weeks working with him and it was amazing.
We had tried everything else, meds, nutrition, exercise and while they all helped a little, it was the instruction and practice with Tom that proved the most significant.
Feel free to contact me if you would like more info or if I can answer any questions.
My best to you,

Kath y Walsh said:

I started taking Magnesium for leg cramps that I get a lot, and it seems to be helping with my balance SOMEWHAT.

Try taking Quinine @200 mg. It is a rx item, and difficult to find a supplier.

Silkybill said:

Kath y Walsh said:

I started taking Magnesium for leg cramps that I get a lot, and it seems to be helping with my balance SOMEWHAT.

How can you get the Quinone if it is hard to find?? And what is it good for?

There was a shoe that one or two people on this site claimed to solve his/her balance problems. You might want to do a search for Fleet Street on this site.

Kathy Walsh said:

Silkybill said: Just use a search engine. Google or Yahoo. write in quinine and press enter. You will have to dig through the responses. Quinine was originally for malaria relief (still is, I think) It was also prescribed for night leg cramp relief. However, some people had "bad reactions", but I don't know what. Anyway, because of that , it was taken off the U.S. market. I got mine from Canada. Troublesome, but acceptable. Oh. You might try Tylenol PM. I've heard favorable anticdotes.

Kath y Walsh said:

How can you get the Quinone if it is hard to find?? And what is it good for?

Just started this but check out walkingwithataxia.com.