Benign Paroxysmal Torticollis

Hi!! Since they found my son had a variation in his CACANA1A gene I have been researching a lot about it and came across benign paroxysmal torticollis. The reason why this whole testing journey started was because as an infant he started having his head tilted to one side, then to the other and other days it would straight. PT didn’t seem to help but time has helped with straightening his head. He sometimes told his head to the side when walking. So I have read his can be caused by a mutation in this gene. This diagnosis would make much more sense to be since he had the head tilting. Have any of you had this or know if this? I read it resolves around age 5 and then they can have classic migraine or vertigo.

Thanks!

:slightly_smiling_face: Have you read this? Log onto www.migraine.com and SEARCH ‘a migraine variant in infancy’.

:slightly_smiling_face:xB

Dear Beryl,

Thank so much for providing this information. I did read it two days ago. Now all the puzzle pieces have been put together and make sense. Yes my son definitely had a mild form of BPT because he never threw up etc. He just had the constant head tilts. I think he still might have it since he does it when walking (which I thought was for balance) he is almost three already :slight_smile:
I’m just praying this is a worst form of hemeplegic migraine since it started o manifest with PBT since infancy or I hope he never develops it.

Thanks a ton! [quote=“Beryl_Park, post:2, topic:6251, full:true”]
:slightly_smiling_face: Have you read this? Log onto www.migraine.com and SEARCH ‘a migraine variant in infancy’.

:slightly_smiling_face:xB
[/quote]