GAD ab ataxia and I'm new here!

Hello–
I’m Nadine and am new to this group. I’m 49 and have recently started the diagnostic process with a new neurologist after finding my imbalance, coordination and cognitive problems(along with pain!) have gotten worse since my last experience with a neurologist 8 years ago. The new neuro doc has found I’m GAD ab elevated, but <100 on the titer. The MRI has come back with new areas of plaque from the last one 8 years ago, but the cause of the plaque isn’t established as if yet. I’m scheduled for yet another MRI with contrast and MRI vascular study(to rule out plaque areas caused by hypertension). All that is known now is that I have GAD ataxia. Hate this process, just hate it. Tons of diagnostics and no answers, yet.

Hi Nadine welcome to our group..: have you ever met ..a ' man ..who has his own website.. ??

If you go to..fight ataxia.com.you may read about him.he might even be o. Here too..

He is..a kick you in t butt type guy.but sometimes..that's what we..ALL NEED!

So sorry you'll be going for more tests...hoping you find..answers!!

Hi. Welcome, I’m Jo Ann 49 , and dealing with cerabellar ataxia. From LA , married with 2 kids ages 12 and 17. Stay positive you will get through this real soon …(Los Angeles )

Thanks for the response, Diana! Will catch his website.

Diana Grapes said:

Hi Nadine welcome to our group…: have you ever met …a ’ man …who has his own website… ??

If you go to…fight ataxia.com.you may read about him.he might even be o. Here too…

He is…a kick you in t butt type guy.but sometimes…that’s what we…ALL NEED!

So sorry you’ll be going for more tests…hoping you find…answers!!

Hello, Jo Anne! No kiddos here, but so happy to find someone else who has Cerebullar Ataxia. What a trip this diagnosis process is. It’s been one weird surprise after another for me. Would love to “friend” you on this site, if that’s ok.

displaymom said:

Hi. Welcome, I’m Jo Ann 49 , and dealing with cerabellar ataxia. From LA , married with 2 kids ages 12 and 17. Stay positive you will get through this real soon …(Los Angeles )

A huge welcome to this group, Nadine! This is a great site with wonderful people for support and information! ! was diagnosed with Sporadic Cerebellar Ataxia (idiopathic: unknown cause). I'm 60 years young and have two grown children (son and daughter) and two lovely step-daughters. I also have two young grandchildren (boy and girl), as well as a little one on the way! I consider myself truly blessed! try to eat healthy (nothing processed) and exercise for strength and balance, as this helps me feel better! ;o)

Should the patient be asking the doctors if the tests that they are taking can lead to a treatment regimen or not. which tests are financially needed that will lead to treatments or just their knowledge. .Why take these tests for nothing.

Hi Nadine, I am 71 years old with Idiopathic cerebellar ataxia of late onset. It has caused problems with anxiety especially when sociliasing with family and generally feeling judged but I have now reached the stage of saying, no more tests thanks, I just want to get on with my life in the best way possible. That has been a great relief.

I wish you lots of luck with your journey.

In case you dont know, just click on the green circle with butterfly or profile picture to see details of poster. xxx

All the diagnostics that have been done are with a goal in mind-- find out what’s going on so it can be best treated. My neuro understands that I want to limit the testing and expense as much as I can. What gets me is that my fibromyalgia diagnosis may have been placed on me because the right tests weren’t done at the right time.