Handwriting

thank God for my wife. I quit writing somewhere in 2005. typing is a hassle...lots of editing...almost the whole morning is spent on 1 email. marie, I hate bathroom problems. this coming cold is going to affect me more!! I can't even unroll the paper...elegantly. almost cannot arrange the paper. that's just the beginning.

marie,

re: coffee; I use the stirrer as a straw. actually, all my liquids are consumed w/ a straw.

I have to edit everything, what I think and what I actually type ends up being different!
Recently I’ve begun to question almost every decision I make, it’s driving me mad, I
end up getting nothing at all done, even if it had been done at a snail’s pace anyway!
I’m ending up on ‘ground hog days’, not good for morale, at the times I’m alert enough
to care.
Also dreading the winter. Since the clocks went back (here in the UK) and daylight
hours starting to be severely reduced, dusks cuts in anytime after 3pm.
With today being Halloween I’m really hoping there are no tiny visitors! xB

I want to get my point across the first time, so I chyeck and re-check and, maybe, re-re-check my work! is that ojk? & oh by the way, i'm disabled too. somebody just needs to make sure that we make it easier for repeat patients. why did we switch to medical record keeping?

i'd rather spend more time picking a spoon or a straw off of the floor than myself. I've heard, those can be painful.

beryl, on indecision days, cabn u ask somebody for help?

here, in the u.s., we have daylight savings time too. but the cold scares me more than the night. & since I ca n't drive, those tiny visitors are safer on thwe road.

marie, I can't even look out the side window when in the car; it makes me dizzy & nauseous. just look in front.

i'm glad I found LWA; it makes an ataxian's life a lot easier.

I’m sure I’m not alone here when I say that after my husband has left for work
in the morning that I probably don’t speak to anybody else, except the cat,
until he comes home at night. He usually leaves before 8am and returns
by 7pm.
It’s very easy to slide into what I described as a `'groundhog day" situation.
In the summer being able to spend time outdoors in the sunshine and getting
fresh air renews the spirit. I’ve always found autumn/winter difficult because
of short daylight hours, even before ataxia.
This isn’t meant to be a ‘poor me’ message, on the contrary, simply a statement
of fact.
I tend to sit still far too much, so it’s no surprise stiffness sets in. With the best
will in the world it’s so easy not to heed advice that recommends move as much
as possible, when keeping absolutely still is bliss. Then, there’s no sense of
imbalance and just focusing straight ahead means no eye problems. Eye
problems combined with balance issues is a vicious circle.
At meal times I can be as messy as the next person, I’ve lost track of the
number of times somethings got lost in my cleavage.
Trying to multi task at the moment, doing this and preparing evening meal.
I’ve had the oven on far too long and am almost passing out with the heat,
and have just burnt some onions. Time for some time out! xB