Hotel floor designs and feeling like the floor is falling?

Wow, that’s interesting because it happened to me ages before my diagnosis and I also used to get vertigo like symptoms when high up. I also used to get this when I leant my head back then raised it. All woosy like feelings.
When I was a child, I was always being told to stop tapping my feet or wiggling my feet.
Even now I can’t look at stripes wallpaper or curtains as they “move”.
Interesting

I cannot walk anywhere without looking downwards and cannot go down or up a step without holding onto anything. I’ve just lost my job due to having sick time because I can’t manage the stairs and my office is on the second floor. My company are trying to be difficult by not making any more reasonable adjustments like letting me work from home or another area so I have appealed and will then take them to court on the grounds of Disability discrimination, if my appeal fails. Funny thing tho as I worked for 12 years for a national charity supporting people with Autism and various Disabilities. I’m geared up for a fight so watch this space. Imagine the headlines…/>

dlc said:

Hi- I used to feel this a lot. I’ve had ataxia for about 10 years. It’s not so much now-maybe I compensated for it! Beryl’s and Beverly’s response is spot on…

My wife does not have ataxia but does have neuropathy and she has a problem with different floorings especially whe going from carpet to wood floor or tile and sometimes needs to be held by the hand or need to hold my shoulder when out

Im so glad that others have had the same issue (unfortunately!)...sometimes just looking at certain wild colored paintings also make me feel sick too. or art work hanging from the ceiling etc, I could go on and on ...and it effects my walking even more at the same time, making it worse to walk. Mainly in hospitals, hotels, some large stores, ...and when its windy outside, its very difficult to walk without help as its like I don't know which way is up or down to if the wind is really blowing around me making me disoriented....

Any where , were your brain , eyes and movement has to co-ordinate, Ataxia will affect the normal movement