New here!

Hi Courtney. Welcome!! I know what you mean. Just try to stay strong. We don’t have it that bad. Just look at some other people with worse diseases. Do what you can. Your kids need you. No one knows how we feel, but other ataxians. This site is wonderful. You can always come here. To just vent, and it helps also just to read how other ataxians are dealing with this. I hate this disease too. I am 44. I have one girl who is 6. I have been married for 9 years. My ataxia showed its ugly head about 6 years ago. I now use a walker. I hate how everything I do is extremely hard! Even simple things, like showering, or getting up from the couch. I have fallen a few times. But I haven’t fallen for almost 6 months. My husband is having a very hard time with this. He is very,very angry with me. Like it is my fault for getting this disease. He has no idea what we go through. He is making this so much harder for me. He has told me many times that taking my walker places is such a pain in the ass. Also, when I walk so slow, I am such a pain in the ass. What a wonderful feeling. To be a thorn in his side. I try to ignore his mean comments. My little girl needs me, and she loves me so much. She is wonderful,she does so much for me. It is wonderful. Just hold your head up. Come back and visit us soon.

Hi Courtney. Welcome!! I know what you mean. Just try to stay strong. We don’t have it that bad. Just look at some other people with worse diseases. Do what you can. Your kids need you. No one knows how we feel, but other ataxians. This site is wonderful. You can always come here. To just vent, and it helps also just to read how other ataxians are dealing with this. I hate this disease too. I am 44. I have one girl who is 6. I have been married for 9 years. My ataxia showed its ugly head about 6 years ago. I now use a walker. I hate how everything I do is extremely hard! Even simple things, like showering, or getting up from the couch. I have fallen a few times. But I haven’t fallen for almost 6 months. My husband is having a very hard time with this. He is very,very angry with me. Like it is my fault for getting this disease. He has no idea what we go through. He is making this so much harder for me. He has told me many times that taking my walker places is such a pain in the ass. Also, when I walk so slow, I am such a pain in the ass. What a wonderful feeling. To be a thorn in his side. I try to ignore his mean comments. My little girl needs me, and she loves me so much. She is wonderful,she does so much for me. It is wonderful. Just hold your head up. Come back and visit us soon.