On set cerebella ataxia

Thanks all for the welcome to the site. I am hoping some of you will share your personal experiancese with on set CA. My son has been diagnosed with this and we are cofused with the symtoms he is displaying as they seem to come and go at least the severity of them. He has has major personality changes. He is taking numerous drugs from two different doctors. Many thanks for any light you can shed on this disease.

Rick

Hi Rick not familiar with prescribed drugs for CA - what symptoms are they for?

I have naproxen for muscle pain.

Patsy 68/Ipswich uk

He takes clanazapan for his nystagmus, cymbalta for depression. tramadall er for pain these are the ones we know of. His personality has changed over time and he'll go a couple of days without sleep then crash and sleep for 15-18 hours. Some days he near normal and the next like a walking zombie. We just dont know if all this is normal symtoms for Onset CA? Thanks ahead for any insights or help that you can give.

Thanks, Rick

Patsy said:

Hi Rick not familiar with prescribed drugs for CA - what symptoms are they for?

I have naproxen for muscle pain.

Patsy 68/Ipswich uk

I agree fully with you Michael, diet and exisise rule. Diet treats the underlying cause where as pillsl only treat the symptoms and not to mention the side the side effects as you say.

Hi Rick

I find a healthy diet and excercise beneficial for my sense of well being although I am having citalopram for mood disorders. i am glad there currently is no medication for CA that would affect my cognitive abilities.My ataxia symptoms vary a lot and deteriorate through the day.

Marie