Please advise

I rented the chair for 3 days while I was at the beach. The company delivered the chair after we arrived and showed me how to operate it.
Once you get to the beach the chair is amazing and provided me with a freedom I had not experienced at the beach in years.
Unfortunately getting to the beach became an issue. Details at this point are not important but let’s just say there was an issue getting from the end of the boardwalk to the beach. There was a 6” drop (at least) at the end of the boardwalk making it impossible to drive over. It took some effort to make a temporary fix and I managed for 2 days. I called and turned the chair in at the end of the 2nd day. (I was even given a refund which I was not expecting nor asked for.
A permanent fix would be an easy fix. But this is going to take some communication with the management of the hotel. To be handicap accessible means something different depending on who you talk to. It would help if that person was handicap as well as a decision maker.

2 Likes

:thinking: There often seems to be an issue re whether something is actually truly disability friendly, or not. I agree, these sort of things should be planned, and tested first by a disabled person, before they are put into general use.