Sca 20 testing

marios h has sent a blood test for genetic profiling for myself

That's interesting - looking forward to hearing results.

Best wishes, Patsy

just blood test for SCA 5 and 11

Lorraine

This is very interesting that tests available for different numbers. Are these special research projects?

Patsy

non hunnie it was to see if its hereditary lynn said i cant really remember

Good luck Jason. Hope you and Lynn are keeping fine?

marios has said my dentate nuclei has started calcifying thx ian surviving

I think so Pasty,as already been tested for quite a few types of SCA,i am be tested for these as the common ones for ataxia so i am told??? test can take along time but usualy done if you request further investions as to your type of SCA?
Keep well Lorraine

Patsy said:

This is very interesting that tests available for different numbers. Are these special research projects?

Patsy

Patsy,

no,just ask the nurogolist for testing of a particular type of SCA for it to be ruled out? Hope this information helps.but be warned these bood test can take a long time to get any results!!!

thanks Lorraine. We are moving home tomorrow and wont have internet or phone about three days so. I am going to be feeling a little tired to put it mildly but very excited.

Neurologist is in London so that wont change but shall have new GP and other things.

Will miss everyone on here but hopefully will be reconnected very soon.

Patsy x

good luck with ur move pats hunni

thanks guys - I survived it but still lots to get used to. Limiting my time on internet but will be back soon. Take care, Patsy x

Lorraine Squibb said:

just blood test for SCA 5 and 11

Lorraine

Good luck. Marios H. done the same for me,sent to lab in Newcastle.

He suspected HSP7, as my leg muscles were stiffening - it was POSITIVE.

I am seeing a Genetic counsellor (second time around, the first was for Ataxia)

this diagnosis could well be "on top" of Ataxia or "as well" as Ataxia

Alan Thomas

Wales