Stay positive

I have had ataxia since 2010 due to an accident with carbon monoxide that shrunk my cerebellum… i was in a wheelchair for 5 years and worked at walking and balance and i have walked to my bathroom everyday to stay loose and it’s getting better.

1 Like

It’s good to hear you are actually improving :slightly_smiling_face: We hear accounts from people who have Aquired Ataxias (for whatever reason) but seldom find out it their situation has improved :slightly_smiling_face:xB

My cerebellum shrunk 5% MRI at osu showed in 2011. but I’m bullheaded and try to walk daily just that little.

I was on opiates for 8 years and they just kept uping them so i said enough… been researching medical cannabis for 10 years. Got some excellent work by the Israeli university group and others… CBD is a nero Protector … great work is coming. I was as 30 year journeyman in HVAC when this all happened when i was 48 years old…

:neutral_face: Ataxia hit me ‘at the wrong time’, is there ever a right time… I’d finally got myself organised and started an art college course as a mature student, when eye problems kicked in and the rest is history :roll_eyes:

Last year, I was at NAF Conference in San Antonio. At one of the Birds of a Feather sessions, someone asked a Neurologist for his opinion on CBD. The answer was, whatever works for you. I’ve seen lots of discussions about this on other Ataxia Support Groups and wouldn’t dismiss CBD as being helpful. As long as it doesn’t interact adversely with other medication, or make safety an issue…:slightly_smiling_face: xB