Stiffness?

I was brought down by my dog a few years ago and I broke my wrist, so I understand. I haven’t walked my dog since then. I have looked into getting a service dog, for stability. To answer your initial question, I get extremely stiff, have chronic pain, and fatigue. I try to exercise (not the same as before- a short walk will do it for me) and not stay in one place too long (driving is hard). Essentially, everything is much much slower than in my previous life. Hard to get used to, but necessary for safety. I understand what you are going through.

Hi, hiskid777, my husband has much the same, he is better in the early part of the day and later in the evening he’s speech and balance is worse.

Our kitty is a mystery too who was just hanging out in a neighbor’s garden for 2/3rd of a year. I would see her lying by a bush every time I went to get the mail. The neighbor had no idea where (he) had come from but would leave some food out. With her permission when the weather was beginning to get cold and rainy I took (her) home. Being somewhat responsible I brought (her) to a vet to get spayed. We got a phone call later that morning to learn she was a he and had already gotten neutered.

:joy:I’ve had that embarrassing experience at the Vets.
A friend gave me a kitten, she swore it was female🙂xB

1 Like

Ha ha. I still remember my first husband holding up our little cat and exclaiming, “Emily! Taffy is a girl! And she’s pregnant!”

So I communicated with my PCP. Apparently, I have a referral to For physical therapy and neurology and didn’t even know about it.

:roll_eyes: Just as well you got in touch. Being kept in the loop can
reduce stress and frustration. Things are happening​:+1::blush:xB

1 Like

Hi hiskid777. I have had CA for to years with everything that comes with it. Garbled speech, horrible balance, diminished motors, blurred vision and dizzy. I experience stiffness that my doctor referred to as spasticity. She is treating it with a muscle relaxer generally prescribed to MS patients. It is not a miracle drug but does seem to help. I agree that staying active helps a lot. I do two miles a day on a treadmill.

Is it really too much to ask to get an actual diagnosis? Why does it have to be so difficult. Do doctors really not know about this? This whole situation is ridiculous.