The Discovery of SCA8

:slightly_smiling_face: The following link explains how research discovered SCA8

It’s interesting because it helps us understand how the gene is passed on, and the likelihood of it being passed on.

Hi Beryl its me again long time no see. we have got over covid and onto our next hurdle. I have SCA 14 and wonder if you have information as you have provided for SC08 I would be most interested. Peter

1 Like

Hi Peter :slightly_smiling_face: Nice to hear from you, and I hope all is ok

The above info was from the National Ataxia Foundation, and is easy reading. But…they don’t provide this for every type.

So…I’m giving this link, it does give a lot of info re SCA14…but it takes some digesting …

Hi Beryl, got that Dame hood yet? Thanks for the reply. When it start raining I’ll have a go, I have got a devise on my computer that will read it to me I know its not your field but it might help anyone with any type of Ataxia to know the bones of their illness in simple terms. Peter

:joy::+1:Look after yourself Peter

How are you coping with the extreme temperatures :thinking:

Here in the north (Newcastle) we usually have a variable summer…we don’t expect too much :wink:

At the moment it’s 25c here…not a hint of a breeze. :hot_face: I’m indoors with 2 fans going :slightly_smiling_face:

I am in Ashbourne its 29 degrees! Quite toasty. Peter a photo for U. keep you cool!

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face: I’ve sat out in the shade…now in because I was bored :joy: checked the temp here…30 :no_mouth:

The only thermometer I have got is in the car, I am not going in there its black not the brightest of choices, did you like the photo?

Peter

:slightly_smiling_face: I did like the photo Peter…thank you. Is it one you took yourself recently :thinking:
I’ve been told the grass ‘down south’ is a similar colour now :confused:

Someone in Wales says the temperature on their patio is 44c :hot_face:

It’s all brown now.this photo was opposite a car park so no worries, I like snapping.thanks for the info. Peter

1 Like