Unknown Ataxia

I have been gluten free since Feb 2013 I results were almost fantastic and my skin is better but the best result was my balance and after having a biopsy is was only a recommendation

Hi Aturtle2!

How are you getting on with the prescribed diet? It sounds especially strict.

best wishes

Beryl

Thank you Loz,
it’s very hard for me to think of a gluten free diet, I’m Italian and love food! But I will try. I already abolished alcohol, cause it made me pass away. Not big deal, but food…
I am being checked to rule out Chron desease now. Did this happen to any of you?

Hi Beryl

Actually the diet is easier than I thought it would be. I do miss cheese and my favorite "popcorn". Doing good without sugar, beans, peas and dairy. Just protein and veggies and fruit. I feel much better but still have my episodes of ataxia and dizziness. The slurred speech is getting better. It has been a month now and I am anxious to see if there is any improvement after the 2nd month. Will see.

Beryl Park said:

Hi Aturtle2!

How are you getting on with the prescribed diet? It sounds especially strict.

best wishes

Beryl

Has you doctor prescribed diamox or Aminopyridyne? Another thing that helps is coconut oil. It is great for your brain. Yes, the diet is great if you look at what you CAB EAT, rather than what you cannot.

What does Diamox do? Very inserted!

No my doctor prescribed. Verapamil. It did not help. Then we went to topimate Came off that as it was no help. Now on no meds. Just the diet and yes coconut oil and l- glutinamine My episodes not seem as intense. Been on the diet and supplements for 5 weeks now.

What is diamond and how does it help?

Rae said:

Has you doctor prescribed diamox or Aminopyridyne? Another thing that helps is coconut oil. It is great for your brain. Yes, the diet is great if you look at what you CAB EAT, rather than what you cannot.

I think using your fiod as your meds is a great idea! Sure it takes effort at first but it’s so worth it. Your body starts to respond to natural foods. :0)