A bit nervous and lost

I may attempt to participate in a live support group at some point, but that is definitely more difficult for me to do than online.

Judita said:

Online support groups rock, but allow more emotional distancing than live support groups. I suggest making the effort to do both whenever possible.

Thank you so much Rose, and yes you are still very young. You have a whole life ahead of you still :) Thank you for your very kinds words and vote of confidence

rose said:

Dear Milk Tea, Allow me to add a HUGE welcome to you! This is a great site with wonderful people that can offer support and understanding! I was diagnosed with ataxia eleven years ago, and it's progressed, albeit slowly! As other's have said, exercise and a healthy diet are so important! I'm much older than you (60 years young...,ha!), retired, but admire your will to go back to school! You can do it, as we will cheer you on! You are not alone in your jour ataxia journey! Hugs to you..., ;o)

*boop* Hi babygirl. It's me <3

I just want to let you know how proud I am that you're doing this. I'm here to support you and help you every step of the way. We'll beat this into the ground. Together. It may be a part of you now, but it is not *you*. It does not define you. We will still have many happy times together; nothing can take that away from us.

I love you.

:') I love you too. Thank you for having always been there for me. It means the world to me.

Nerdygamer1 said:

*boop* Hi babygirl. It's me <3

I just want to let you know how proud I am that you're doing this. I'm here to support you and help you every step of the way. We'll beat this into the ground. Together. It may be a part of you now, but it is not *you*. It does not define you. We will still have many happy times together; nothing can take that away from us.

I love you.

God bless you. You’re doing a good job. Unfortunately sometimes family doesn’t support you because it’s just too hard. Ultimately you have to get strong for yourself. Do every thing that is good for, as much as you can stand. Lots of PT. you’ll be ok. Don’t dwell on the fact that half of the family doesn’t support you. It just causes stress and that is so bad for you!

Love, zoey

Hi Crystal,

Just a quick hello and welome to LWA. Also, I wanted to commend you for the effort you have made to 'open up' to others and your determination to go back to school.

Stay strong! Kindest regards,

Michael.