A new remote Study for SCA1. SCA2. SCA3. and SCA6

***A longitudinal, remote assessment of motor, speech, cognitive, and mood function in spinocerebellar ataxia

Participants from around the world are welcome to join!

A new remote study from the Harding Lab at Monash University aims to better understand how different brain and body functions (movement, speech, thinking skills, & mood) are affected in spinocerebellar Ataxias, and how these functions change over the short-term and long-term. If you have SCA1, SCA2, SCA3, or SCA6 and are interested in participating, you can find more information here: Spinocerebellar ataxias remote assessment study - Department of Neuroscience

3 Likes

Hi Guys
In Harding is working in Australia. I was an early adopter and have been doing this survey for 23 months now. I have SCA2. The online tests give you a measure of how you are doing over a period of time.
Best part, it is fun to do as well :slight_smile:
Have ago and help the Monash Team with this important work
Eric

2 Likes

Hi Eric🙂 Thank you for your comment.
I’d have registered myself, but my type is ‘Idiopathic’
:slightly_smiling_face: It’s good to know this has been an enjoyable Study

2 Likes
              Good day Beryl, I have not participated due to my deteriorating Cerebellar Ataxia,

what a struggle to type this message to you. Since my diagnosis in 2020 I have progressed from a walking stick to a wheelchair, I struggle to do many things like brushing my hair and teeth
pulling up my pants, blurry vision, spinning head, a trembling body etcetra the list goes on.

Is this the kind of deterioration one can expect.
I am 68 years old.

Warm regards,

Tahira (TDK)

Keep your chin up and do the best you can do. I’ve had Ataxia since I was 21. I’m now almost 77.

Hi Tahira :slightly_smiling_face: I’m sorry to say…yes what you are having to cope with is generally par for the course. Do you happen to know which type of Spinocerebellar Ataxia you’re diagnosed with :thinking: Does it have a number, or name :thinking:

I don’t drive because of eye problems. It’s been several years for me, and it took a long time before I stopped thinking about it. Losing independence is one of the hardest things to come to terms with…

:thinking: Are you able to leave house in your wheelchair