A warm welcome to our newest intern, Christie

We’re delighted to introduce you to our newest Ben’s Friends intern, Christie from Ontario (@Christie_BFintern). Christie’s story is here, and she will be present on this community, initially to welcome new members.

The Ben’s Friends Internship program is intended to help students who hope to have a future in the medical field gain an understanding of what life is like for patients with rare diseases and conditions, while helping them gain skills in communication and relating to others. We’re pleased that Christie has joined us, and we wish her all the best in her studies and her future.

TJ, Merl, Christina, Meli and Seenie from Moderator Support

Welcome Christie. I am glad that you like to read, since there are so many causes of Ataxia. And each kind present and progress differently. Good luck with your internship and your choice to advance your career in medicine.

Best of luck Christie. :grinning:

:blush: Hi Christie, welcome. I see from your profile that you probably don’t suffer from balance issues, unlike us :wink: Good luck with your studies, I’m sure time spent here will stand you in good stead :blush: xB

Hi Shoaib, thank you for your warm welcome! I do love to read since they are relaxing, informative, and they very often challenge my view of the world. Although Ataxia is a new concept to me, I do appreciate this learning opportunity very much, and I believe that I will pick up many things along the way, and hopefully help as many people as I can along the way.

Christie.

Thank you Chas521! I’m very excited to be here! :blush:

Hi Beryl_Park, thank you for your very warm welcome! I hope my time spent here can be help of as many people as possible. And frankly, that’s the reason why I’m here. :blush: Thank you for your warm wishes, I wish you the best as well.

A warm welcome from me too :grin: I am 75 years old and have idiopathic cerebellar ataxia. Good luck with your studies.