Allergies

I am, at this time, taking a break because my eyes and sinus are doing a number on me. I haven’t had a sinus problem in decades. I think it is a result of raking a patch of lawn where the snow had lingered longer. This has never happened before. Is this perhaps an Ataxia thing or just maybe one of those getting older things? Is there any others out there who think this might be from Ataxia.

Ive been treating a cold since Dec. Been to the doctor twice. On antibiotic's twice. Did not go away. Now I am taking Walgreens brand Zertic. Every morning. Coughing and runny nose stopped. No I do not believe it is from Ataxia.

I went to the Dr cause I just felt so bad! She said the allergy count is higher than ever this year. People that have never had them before do this year!
Taking over the counter Claiton and she prescribed a nasil spray for the days when it get worse.
I can tell ya everything is worse now that I have ataxia. After Clarion clearing my brain fog it’s really helped them allot! Good luck with yours! They aren’t fun! :0( I feel for you!

Allergies tend to be a result of a comprised immune system. unless you have an auto-immune disorder you've been diagnosed with or it's part of your specific type of Ataxia.. For example OPCA (Olivopontocerebellar Ataxia) is a type of MSA (Multiple Systems Atrophy) which can come in different types.

Shy Drager Syndrome - mainly affects things like blood pressure and immune system, internal organs etc

OPCA - more motor impaired typical ataxia symptoms balance, co-ordination & speech etc

Mixed - symptoms from both

It could be totally unrelated to ataxia I would get your thyroid levels checked then go from there. Although thyroid problems are less common in males, it is possible or you GP maybe able to suggest what else it could be.

I find more and more people are allergic to all sorts these days, it's the same with dogs. Dogs allergic to dog food used to be very rare now grain, beef allergies are common especially in pedigrees...I mention it cos I do think there's a connection as we all live in the same environment and often exposed to same chemicals.

I have been taking Allegra (Wal-Mart equivalent), and a nasal spray for allergies every spring for years now. I am allergic to pollen. This year my allergies made my dizziness much worse. My doctor added Singular to my other allergy meds. It has helped a lot. I know that when my body experiences any kind of stress like colds, sinus infections, etc. my Ataxia symptoms get worse. I have also heard that pollens are much higher this year, and it is going to be a bad season for allergy suffers, I'm not sure my increased dizziness was due to my allergies stressing my body, or if it was just that allergies are worse this year. Have you been tested for allergies?

Hi Jeannie!

Do you recommend something for brain fog?

Jeannie Ball said:

I went to the Dr cause I just felt so bad! She said the allergy count is higher than ever this year. People that have never had them before do this year!
Taking over the counter Claiton and she prescribed a nasil spray for the days when it get worse.
I can tell ya everything is worse now that I have ataxia. After Clarion clearing my brain fog it's really helped them allot! Good luck with yours! They aren't fun! :0( I feel for you!

Never heard of it. Food allergies, yes. There is an ataxia directly related to Gluten sensitivity and intolerance, or in extreme cases Celiac Disease. This is an inability to metabolize wheat gluten and products made in a factory where the equipment is used for wheat products as well as non wheat products.
The symptoms are gastrointestinal and if ignored can result in Crohn’s disease in addition to ataxia.

Go to your doctor. Ii sounds like you may have a sinus ingestion and. The same symptoms can indicate a strep infection