Ataxia-Telangiectasia

Hi, I'm new to this group. My youngest son (3) has been diagnosed with a possible autosomal recessive ataxia, they believe it is ataxia-telangiectasia (we have an appointment with a geneticist next month). I was wondering if there are any other parents here whose children have this type of ataxia.

Ataxia-Telangiectasia (A-T)

UK http://www.atsociety.org.uk/

AlanThomas

Thanks!

Hi my son is 8 years old and has AT. The symptoms came slowly at a age of 3 and since then symptoms have become worse. We live in Sweden and there are only 20 people with AT in Sweden. So I don’t have so many to talk to. Our doctor doesn’t know so much about AT and because the symptoms are different from case to case she can’t say so much about it. My son can’t walk so much, he use a wheelchair and a walker. I like to get in touch with others who have children with AT

Hello. I'm right there with you. We just found out through an MRI that our 37 month old son has atrophy of his cerebellum. Doctor believes it's a hereditary ataxia but we're not sure what kind yet. We're waiting on prior authorizations for the genetic tests. I'm posting an introduction so you can check it out to see more.