Balance wear vests

I have been reading about Balance Wear Belt/vest. Has anybody tried one ?

Did it work and is such a thing available in the UK. If i did try one cost would not be a major consideration if it was any good. But i would be interested to know what kind of cost they are.

Hi AlbionšŸ˜Š
Google Motion Theraputics. Several people on here have reported good results. As far as I know, they arenā€™t yet available in the UK but there was a distributer in Holland.

The vest needs to be fitted, and weighted, according to indivdual needs, itā€™s not an off the peg item. :relaxed:xB

I was wondering about the vest to. Do they have it in the USA yet? I am on a walker full time, but my walker goes down the walk like a drunken sailor. I thought the vest might help or does anyone have any suggestion to make the walker go straighter. I have weights ( PT told me) but they are only 1lb. on each side and maybe I need more.

Hello, I have been wearing the balance vest since December of 2015. It has helped me tremendously. In live in the US and it was my physical therapist who recommended the vest. He sent me to a a nursing college who specialize in the balance vest. I was sent there to get measured and weighted for the vest. I was also trained how to use the vest when walking. In the beginning the vest was difficult getting use to. Overtime it became less difficult and more pleasurable to use. I am now able to walk with a steady pace without leaning towards one side. When I am very tired, I do tend to walk a little wobbly but I can control my self. It is much easier to catch my balance with the vest on than without the vest. Every three months I have to get the weights on the vest readjusted. After awhile your body gets adjusted to the weights and it does not help. Once the weights are readjusted you start to feel better and can resume your normal activities. I still use my cane with the vest when I am outside just for securities reasons. I still stumble a few times but not to the point that I fall and cause injuries as before the vest. Before the vest I fell several times a day. Now with the vest maybe a quick stumble ever so often. I guess it really depend on the individual if the vest will work for them. For me it has made my life much meaningful. I am able to get around and do things that I could not do before the vest.
I hope this brief information helps.

Thanks for the information everybody the Vest is something i would defiantly try. Sadly it seems its not available in the UK. So it does not seem i will get a chance to try it.

Ditto what Beryl said

sadly NO outlet in the UK (but I have had explority disscusions with Cindy at Motion Theraputics) for Wales.

at the moment there is an outlet in Holland
(I am due to speak at a conference in Amsterdam in September, so may be an oppertunity for0 contact)

I have seen the vest on patients many times and all ways witnessed varying positive results.

Alan

I was wondering how that worked. I am on a walker, would that help me?

Balance Vest is a fairly light weight ā€œbody warmerā€ /ā€œGilletā€ (can be worn over or under clothing)

with very small weights placed at strategic points (these are movable, being attached with Velcro)

more info. at http://www.motiontherapeutics.com/

I bought one in November of i think 2012 or 2013 and I love it. It really helped when I go to work because I am on my feet a lot and keeps me balanced when I go down stairs. My only complaint is that it awful to wear during the summers when it is really hot. So in the summers, I dont wear it as often.

It is expensive and it also costs money to get it measured and fitted. I would say it is worth the money because with the vest on, there is no fear of falling and you have the freedom to go anywhere.

Hi Alan. Is motion therapeutic n the vest available in Singapore. I use a frame n homebound but if I go to church on weekends. Itā€™s with my whĆ©elchair n my wife n children will help. Initially as you remembered when I introduced myself before under the older scheme I was diagnosed with ca in 2011 but bcos of my passing motion n want to again but cannot although I take medication if not canā€™t n in October 2014 I have bladder issues n before must go to toilet every 2 hrs. Now every 1+ hr. Sometimes 2 or more hrs n i also take medication. My neurologist says I have msa. But my gait is still an issue n its slower now even with the walking frame. Will the vest or belt help. Brgds Jacob

What is the price of the vest. Does the belt as Beryl mentioned earlier work. How n do you know which company does it n the price. Brgds Jacob

Cindy http://www.motiontherapeutics.com/
will be at the National Ataxia Foundation Conference next week.
follow proceedings #2017AAC

http://www.ataxia.org/

I have witnessed good results in patients
and have been impressed.
Although every patient will encounter (positive) different results at different times

the cost is very small compared to other products. (I think around $1000, but will have to confirm.

Depending on which vest you get, insurance may cover it.

Your expenses also depend on your insurance and deductibles.

Thanks Alan. They are not in Singapore right. Is anyone else here selling the vest or belt that you know of. How does the belt work. Brgds Jacob

---- Alan_Thomas wrote ----

[https://sjc6.discourse-cdn.com/standard10/user_avatar/www.livingwithataxia.org/alan_thomas/45/31_1.png] Alan_Thomashttp://forum.livingwithataxia.org/users/alan_thomas
March 5

Cindy http://www.motiontherapeutics.com/
will be at the National Ataxia Foundation Conference next week.
follow proceedings #2017AAC

http://www.ataxia.org/

I have witnessed good results in patients
and have been impressed.
Although every patient will encounter (positive) different results at different times

the cost is very small compared to other products. (I think around $1000, but will have to confirm.

I will mention your enquiry to Cindy.
(if I forget please send direct email to www.motiontherapeutics.com )

Beryl and/or Alan, would you happen to have a link or address for the Dutch supplier?

Hi,Ron here and the answer is yesā€¦Iā€™ve tried a balance vest and have since ordered one ( about $1100.00 U.S. dollars.The first I wore one,it worked great and was amost too good to be true.Iā€™ll keep all posted once I receive it an use it for awhile.Itā€™s the first ray of hope Iā€™ve had in years.hereā€™s hopingā€¦

Ron again:Google: balance wear;in my case it was a vest.Try one out,it worked for me.I live in Michigan U.S.A. and the dr. was found in the city of MUSKEGON

HišŸ˜Š Apologies for delay in replying.
For this information contact www.motiontheraputics.com

:blush:xB

Thank you, Beryl_Park! Iā€™ve contacted them. They gave me a supplier in Denmark. Itā€™s not quite ā€œThe Netherlandsā€, but it might work for people in Europe: Skodsborg Fysioterapi
Skodsborg Strandvej 125, a
2942 Skodsborg
Denmark
T. 45560030
M. 28873690
W. www.skodsborgfysioterapi.dk