Calling all North Easters!

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has had or is getting treatment from the so called state of the art Neuro rehab centre at Walkergate, Newcastle, and what your experience was/is?

Also, after going on about it for years I have finally been allocated a social worker who carried out an assessment. Can anyone tell me what to expect next? I am having great difficulty in getting any help and aids for my unbalanced walk, can anyone help please?

Thanks

Hi Taryn!

My GP's got me an appt at the centre, it's not until early January, although I could have

got in touch with them if I was able to go at short notice. I don't know anybody who's

been there, we can chat next week. Marion, who'll also be there next week has a lot

of nursing experience, and has worked all over the place, she might know something

about it.

Re walking aids etc - have you looked on The Dene Centre website? Also, they can

help with advocacy. I went to have a brief look around a few months ago, they've got

loads of examples of aids you can try out, before you take a chance on buying. Also,

examples of different types of lifts, and wetrooms etc. Their advice is unbiased, the

Centre is run by a charity. BTW good free parking! xB

Hi Beryl :)

I was referred to Walkergate a-few years back, I can tell you all about it! Do you know who is seeing you? Two of them have decided to discharge me the other week, I am still seeing one well I have an appointment. All I'll say is I am not a fan! I'm not sure how much I can say on here haha!

Oh where is the Dene centre? I will Google them now!

Thanks and see you soon xx

Hi Taryn!

Sent you message. xB
Taryn Cotton said:

Hi Beryl :)

I was referred to Walkergate a-few years back, I can tell you all about it! Do you know who is seeing you? Two of them have decided to discharge me the other week, I am still seeing one well I have an appointment. All I'll say is I am not a fan! I'm not sure how much I can say on here haha!

Oh where is the Dene centre? I will Google them now!

Thanks and see you soon xx