Dizziness

i have cerebeller ataxia. does your dizziness get worse as time goes on?

thanks

I also have chronic dizziness. I do feel it has progressed (gotten more frequent and stronger). However, lack of sleep, hunger, fatigue, stress of any kind make it worse. I used to take Benadryl nightly and it helped the dizziness.

thanks i dont eat like i should [just dont get hungry] i take menitonion at night to stop me from tossing and turning. i guess you could say i am a fatigued a little. im 59 y/o and cant work any more but wont too. thanks for the info and ill keep a eye on it

hapie said:

I also have chronic dizziness. I do feel it has progressed (gotten more frequent and stronger). However, lack of sleep, hunger, fatigue, stress of any kind make it worse. I used to take Benadryl nightly and it helped the dizziness.

I find if I don’t drink enough non caffeine beverages I tend to get more dizzy.

thanks

Keri Ferreira said:

I find if I don't drink enough non caffeine beverages I tend to get more dizzy.

Some diet changes may help. Try cutting out sugar and gluten for a couple months to see if it makes a difference. My dizziness gets worse when I don't get enough sleep, when I'm tired, or when I over-do it. Also when I don't eat well and don't exercise my dizziness is worse. Exercising helps to reduce my dizziness (and my other symptoms)

i had dizziness worse than normal for 3 days. it cleared up. now im just more unsteady when i walk. maybe it'll p[ass like the dizziness. thanks for the info

runner said:

Some diet changes may help. Try cutting out sugar and gluten for a couple months to see if it makes a difference. My dizziness gets worse when I don't get enough sleep, when I'm tired, or when I over-do it. Also when I don't eat well and don't exercise my dizziness is worse. Exercising helps to reduce my dizziness (and my other symptoms)

Oh Also- I have recently been involved in equine therapy/therapeutic riding. It is amazing and has significantly decreased my overall dizziness. Horses are amazing animals. I wouldn’t have thought this would be part of my life but now I am hooked. Fewer migraines, less dizziness and overall more steady. The techniques keep you quite safe.

my neo dr. wants me to start p.t. cause of my unsteadyness walking. ill probably start end of march.hope it does some good.

hapie said:

Oh Also- I have recently been involved in equine therapy/therapeutic riding. It is amazing and has significantly decreased my overall dizziness. Horses are amazing animals. I wouldn't have thought this would be part of my life but now I am hooked. Fewer migraines, less dizziness and overall more steady. The techniques keep you quite safe.

The only thing I would mention about that - and it's only through reading as I haven't gone - is to make sure that it is a Neurological Physio, so they understand the issues properly.

it went away sunday morning.