I love Ataxia

Couldn’t agree more with what you said Beryl, as well as Linda4! Although everyone has a right to their opinion, I find it healthy to be able to vent once in a while!

2 Likes

:joy: That was determination :wink: xB

1 Like

While I completely agree that venting is very important or that you might internalize and that could lead to some VERY bad things, it is just as important to vent by laughter for the same reason. Remember, it is what it is. No one here wants this thing or asked for it. Please know that this thread was started tongue-in-cheek. If you need to vent with a negative feeling [I’m not saying anything bad here] then perhaps you should start a thread for that also. :grinning:

2 Likes

My favorite time of the year is here - ice and snow! :hot_face:

I love it when people always assume I’m some kind of drunk, drug addict, or just an a-hole because I’m “young” (I’m 40) and they don’t think I need disabled parking or help standing or walking.

It’s especially hilarious since I am a tee totaler.

2 Likes

I’ve actually fallen over while on my hands and knees. It’d be depressing if it wasn’t so ludicrously funny :rofl:

2 Likes

I love how I have someone to shop for me now…I travel without ever leaving home sense my voice is changing I sound like I am from different countries how( sweet is that). I must say with Ataxia it is never going to be a full day.

1 Like

DThe vertigo I’ve had for 3 months now is actually a blessing. I love feeling like I’m on a rollercoster. So much fun! I feel like a child. And I don’t even have to spend the money. I only have to mention the word “vertigo” to people who watch me with my “funniness” to get some sympathy (oh you poor thing oh yes vertigo is horrible I’ve had that), vertigo is more common and people can relate. I won’t even try to explain the ataxia.

1 Like

I’m also “blessed” for being half French. If I have any symptoms in the speech (I don’t even want to know) I hide it with the (slight, if I may say so myself!) accent. Imagine me going to see a speech therapist “Doc can you do something for this little accent that I have?”

3 Likes

Yesterday, at my local support group. Several people mentioned how difficult it was to moderate the volume of speech when speaking. Most of us were told by family, that either speech was low, or at almost a shouting pitch. The discussion was helpful to a member’s wife who was present, she hadn’t realised it was actually challenging to her husband, and it helped to restore harmony between them :slightly_smiling_face: xB

1 Like

YEAH, I just love having Ataxia. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I love Ataxia because I’ve been fortunate enough to accomplish everything before getting this disease. Like riding a motorcycle, going on rides at an amusement park, and having fun with my kids.

1 Like

I love being able to ‘fall off’ my slippers if I haven’t put them on all the way!!:crazy_face::crazy_face:

2 Likes

You just described me.

1 Like

Every time I think that I have my Ataxia somewhat under control [acceptance] it throws me a curve and takes another step forward. Healthy folks just do not appreciate what they have!!! Yes, life does throw everyone [healthy or not] a curve and those healthy folks have to deal with it as well as us but they just don’t understand how much more difficult it is for us because of our limitations. Please excuse the rant. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: It’s ok to rant, we all need to let off steam at one time or another :wink: I hope it helped. :slightly_smiling_face: xB

I love how a delivery man tried to speak to me in another language because that’s what he thought I was speaking!

3 Likes

Welcome Joyfulone!! That would be a hoot!! I realize that I’m fortunate my words are relatively clear most of the time, unless I’m tired or my mouth is dry—when I see those confused faces then I know I have to start over.:crazy_face::crazy_face:

I get that! Up until about six months ago, my speech wasn’t so bad. Now, I’m mumbling everything. It’s unintelligible!

Gee, I look forward to waking up each day and can’t wait to see what new things Ataxia has in store for me. :nauseated_face:

1 Like