I love Ataxia

My new neighbour tried to talk to me in sign language because he assumed I was deaf!

Oh, my gosh! I thought my experience was bad!

1 Like

:hushed: Really, he thought you were deaf. Because of the various difficulties many of us have with Speech, it’s not totally unreasonable for this assumption to be made. I hope you were able to put him right.

1 Like

Yeow! It takes all kinds, I guess

1 Like

You’re right I should have told him but I was a total coward and have avoided him like the plague ever since! Sorry. :disappointed_relieved:

:slightly_smiling_face: Don’t feel bad about it Anna. I hope you didn’t think I was referring to giving him a full run down about Ataxia. There’s always a time and place for that sort of thing, and it’s never when you’re in an embarrassing situation. I just meant that hopefully you were able to reassure him that you weren’t actually deaf, but instead had speech difficulties :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My favorite thing is happening outside right now. It’s snowing to be followed by freezing rain and total slipping and falling by me. Gee, isn’t Ataxia just wonderful?!

2 Likes

Just bumping this thread because I kinda need to vent some. I just got over the pain and crap associated with right leg Sciatica. Although the pain is gone my balance and equilibrium is still off more than they were. What I find most disconcerting is that I accepted where I was before the Sciatica but now I might have to reaccept my new condition. I HATE Ataxia!

EDIT: Hate is a wasted emotion. But Ataxia is definitely not on my list of things I want to have.

2 Likes

Hee hee. A lady once called me “Clumsy”. So I turned to another lady who has similar problems and said. “Yes but we have an excuse don’t we”

My favorite time of year is here again - snow and ice. We’re expecting a major snowstorm tomorrow. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Looks like we live in the same area!

I’m live in NY. Where are you?

1 Like

Wayne, NJ; as you said, winter in this area sucks!

1 Like

So how much did you get? We got about 8-10”

We got about 7 inches but neighboring towns got over 10 inches. Hope it melts quickly. Fingers crossed.

Exciting :weary: We’re in the midst of a major snowstorm!

:slightly_smiling_face:So far the UK hasn’t endured heavy snowstorms this winter :crossed_fingers:it stays that way…

We were lucky last Winter - no snow.

EDIT: Present is making up for last year.

The amount of snow from this storm is just crazy. I’m in NYC suburbs, northern Westchester, and we got about 20inches yesterday, and another 1-3 inches predicted today. I came in from shoveling (again) this morning and just threw myself on the floor.

Stay safe, stay warm, stay inside if you can.

Sharon from ModSupport

Best of luck to you Sharon.