Intro & Question

I have Cerebellar Ataxia caused by cancer (very rare), been in wheelchair for 15 years. I was real bad couldn’t even talk but got much better after cancer treatment. I still have shakes, strength problems and slur.
I have some symptoms coming back the Neurologist said they May come back but still very frustrating to have things happening.
Problems: swallowing, talking, getting tired, eye site problems and may have to start have shots in one, ect.

I’ve been asked recently if I can have “Sex”, I assume so but not sure (been a widow for 13 yrs) been checking doctor sites but no answers, I DO realize this is private but need to know? I meet a person that wants to marry me and don’t know if it’s fair to anyone? I have Great friends and family and active so not a must except feelings.
Why to go overboard with our feelings: laugh hard, cry easy & get VERY mad?

1 Like

:thinking: It is a very personal decision whether or not to have sex. I would have thought it doesn’t really matter how long it’s been…just act on your feelings :slightly_smiling_face: Your partner is probably well aware of your concerns, so it’s not as though you’re ‘not being fair to him’.
We all have similar challenges to yourself, and I expect most people have found ‘where there’s a will, there’s a way’:slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you so much this has been eating at me! I did make sure he understood my concerns were.

I do read everything here I just respond a lot but may be getting involved again getting my overwhelming question of mine

Go for it and if you dont like it stop. Its your life, your body, your personal decision.
good luck x

Thank you so much! I really needed encouragement with this problem.