Leg pain, stiffness, seizes. Vision problems?

I was given glasses with a prism.I have never worn long distance glasses befoore.I was getting double vision but with the new glasses II can see detail;it is better.Opticians etc are reluctant to prescribe varifocals as they are worried about the dizziness that accompanies Ataxia.I find for me two ppairs of glasses are thhe best option.

Hey sweetness, I just wanted to let you know I'm still here for you. Just lurking a bit. I'm glad you're staying active here and want you to keep up the good work. I'm also glad that you've made an appointment to get your eyes checked :)

I also have vision problems.Was told I have optic neuropathy.You may want to have this checked.When I first was diagnosed with ataxia had started having really bad leg pain.I was told I have nerve damage in legs which effected muscles.Exercises do help some but also take neurotin.Doing stretches before getting out of bed helps some.just try to keep moving much as possible.Earlene

My PT man was here recently and share a tip with me for restless leg, leg and foot weakness also spasms: put a bar of IVORY SOAP into a white sock and put it at the foot of the bed under the covers with you. Get into bed and your foot/leg problems will stop. I was skeptical but MY LEG SPASMS STOPPED. try it

Hi Milk Tea, if I remember way back when I first started getting symptoms I think it was my leg stiffness too! That was 2005. I remember going to a Neuro telling him that I was picking up my legs to get them into the car. I thought it was normal from standing on them all day (I was a hairstylist then). I guess I was locking them to be able to stand as long as I did then. I got leg craps too back then but passed it off each time and thought of different reasons why it would happen.

But, after I was diagnosed having Sporadic SCA (by the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota) I started on a Gluten Free diet that seemed to help me allot. After about 6months I also let go of refined sugars (no substitutes), or alcohol (liquid sugars).

Fast forward to today, yes I still have some stiffness in my legs but overall I walk well. I've been getting leg cramps in the middle of the night that I take extra Magnesium and calcium with Tonic water (no sugar. For the Quinine). I do Yoga and the Wii Nintendo Wii fit plus daily that really helps not only my balance but brain leg coordination) it really works for me. Some others it doesn't seem to work for so try everything to see what works for you! But give each thing a few weeks or more and I'd advise journal how you feel. You may think something isn't helping right now but as you try other thoughts you might look back and see it may have even a little bit.

I always thought I ate healthy before but really cleaned up my eating. Nothing in a bag or box. No additives, and Organic.

Also, over the years I've gotten more light sensitive. But everyone is so different. There is not a one size fits all even with the same kind of ataxia. Most of all work on being happy finding Joy in every moment I feel helps the body mind connection. And read read read! :-)