Myeline boost

Myeline protects neurons in the brain and with an illness or after a certain age myeline production is slowing. This means that the neurons slowly die off (as there is no myeline). A company in Belgium is doing research on boosting myeline production but I do not know in which stage they are.

Any others companies in the world doing research on myeline??

My understanding is that Myelin is connected to MS and not SCA. I could be wrong.

:thinking: Very specific types of ataxia are mentioned related to Myelin…this is one of them.

Ataxia-telangiectasia (A-T) is a rare genetic disease caused by mutations in the gene encoding the ATM (Ataxia-telangiectasia mutated) protein. Although neuronal degeneration in the cerebellum remains the most prominent sign in A-T, neuroimaging studies reveal myelin abnormalities as early comorbidities.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/348800362_Myelin_pathology_in_ataxia-telangiectasia_is_the_cell-intrinsic_consequence_of_ATM_deficiency_in_the_oligodendrocytes

You may find this interesting…

Teriflunomide as a therapeutic means for myelin repair | Journal of Neuroinflammation | Full Text.