N ew Anti -GAD

I am 64 and have worsening ataxia, cognition, and eye irritation due to anti-GAD diagnosed in August 2018. My levels rose from 40 to 164 despite treatment with IVIG and prednisone. I just finished a week long plasmaphoresis, but still have no improvement. I started a gluten free diet two weeks ago. Has anyone used Rituxan or gabapentin? Do the levels correspond with the severity of the condition? Can this be reversed or is this the new normal?

Re your specific condition and symptoms, for the most reliable answer, you need to ask your Neurologist if this is the new normal for you. I haven’t any experience of Retuxan, or Gabapentin but, I was prescribed Prednisone after being diagnosed with a severe case of Iritis.
I can empathise with eye irritation, Iritis is very painful, it left my pupil partially stuck to the back of my eye, and caused double vision. The inflammation eventually cleared, but it can flare up at anytime and require steroids.
:slightly_smiling_face: xB

You might find useful information re your symptoms on https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5107286
It gives information about anti-gad and Neurological symptoms.
:slightly_smiling_face: xB

Thank you for your response. I have that article.