Need advice

When it comes to SS disability, it took my husband 8 days to be approved which was shockingly fast. If you have already had testing, your doctors notes and the disability papers are all you need. You can volunteer all you want between the time you get disability and the time where you're allowed to work up to whatever dollar amount per year. I'm sure having your Dad having had Ataxia has given your Mom a lot of insight but you are not your Dad and you will have to ride through your own journey with Ataxia. No one has the right to tell you what to do or how to do it. Be your own advocate and try to enjoy life whether it's working or whatever.

One thing I would be careful about is my medical insurance if you have a decent insurance you might have to stay put until you can get a job with good insurance or you could be left out in the cold and end up paying a lot of money out of pocket. I know I would be in bad trouble if I did not have my insurance and they are not keeping me happy with my health but I need them and they know it. I feel if I push for better care I can be easily dropped from their rolls. I know they cant help my problems now but I will need them for what comes next for my wife or me. When applying for disability it is best if you can to stop all meds before they have you examined by a doctor or go in front of a review board. You must go at your worst or they say you are not bad enough yet. On another note how do you start a new discussion, my memory is a little off and I have a hard time negotiating this site. Jerry

Yeah, exercising in one form or another is always needed.

Jonas Cepkauskas said:

Firstly, you need to educate your mother ;)

Secondly, If you can'tt work and make enough to support yourself, go on Social Security....it is inevitable

Thirdly, never lose sight of the fact that you MUST exercise