New to forum

Hi. I’m new. I have sensory ataxia.

Greetings Rainbowgirlfan

Hi Rainbowgirlfan, welcome :slightly_smiling_face: If you need general information about ataxia log onto www.ataxia.org

Unfortunately, there isn’t any information for Sensory Ataxia. Although www.ataxia.org.uk will be adding a page relating to the Sensory Ataxias to their site in the future.

:slightly_smiling_face: xB

Yes. Thanks. I have lots of balance problems. Walking is becoming more and more difficult. I feel vibrations on my body. I feel a gagging sensation.

And a lack of cordination in my hands, arms and legs

:slightly_smiling_face: Over the weekend I had 2 outings, the first was to a Supermarket for supplies, the second was to a Mall because my husband wanted to look at iPhones :slightly_smiling_face:

Both outings set my nerves on edge. The sensation started shortly after entering the buildings in both cases, it wasn’t only the lights, but also the combination of noises that upset me. It was almost like a panic attack. This has actually happened many times before in Supermarkets, and I’ve been tempted to simply abandon the shopping and leave.

An assault on the senses, sensory overload if you like and very disorientating :grimacing: I wonder, does it have more in common with the stress of ‘multitasking’ or, actually linked in some way to Sensory Ataxia :thinking: xB

I also have wierd sensations go all through out my body. The rolling sensations, the vibrating sensations, ect. I have so much trouble explaining myself to people -my symptoms. And being I also have autism, that makes it twice as hard.

1 Like

Today I’m especially weak. It feels as if I have a vibrator of something right under me thats making me vibrate. Is there anything that can be done?

:slightly_smiling_face: It’s fair to say that the majority of us experience very similar symptoms. Describing these symptoms can often be challenging, actually putting the sensation into words may sound nonsensical :smirk: Generally speaking, although we can empathise with each other, the actual variety and degree of symptoms can vary enormously. Tingling, which is probably similar to what you describe as vibrating, is common, but obviously some people (as with Sensory Ataxia) experience this much more intensely than others.

On www.ataxia.org there is a list of ‘Medications for Ataxia Symptoms’ and this can be found by scrolling down FACT SHEETS. Although I couldn’t find anything specifically for the symptom you describe, that’s not to say that your Neurologist wouldn’t be able to suggest something :slightly_smiling_face:

Because of your other challenging condition, do you have a friend, or member of family who understands your ataxia symptoms and could accompany you to an appointment? Or, might it be useful to have an Advocate? :slightly_smiling_face: xB