Only dumb question is one you don't ask. have a couple

hello. hope this post makes sense. vision blurred even with my glasses on. had a decent day but now paying for it.

1 what kinds of imaging used for movement disorders? (only familiar with CT and MRI)

2 can a head injury from decades ago create issues now? (broke car windshield out in a wreck, serious concussion)

thanks for any help

loving hugs and peace to everyone

perplexed

Wish I could answer but just to say hello.

Also only familiar with CT and MRI imaging.

I would think that head injury could well create issues much later but only my opinion.

x

There are many invasive testing that can be done. Like an example a spinal fluid sample, blood testing for hereditary etc. There are lot's of other testing that are not conclusive on their own but together they add up. They all are best done through a neurologist. unfortunately I'm sure there are a few new tests that I haven't taken out there now.

One of the questions I have been asked after seeing a new Nero was if I ever had a head trauma before. So yes that could be it. I haven't ever had one that I know of. I think if it was that bad I would have remembered maybe? ! hahahahaha

Hope that answers your questions sine,

Dear PG, I believe a head injury (severe concussion) could cause problems later on, just my opinion! My left eye causes blurry/double vision, especially when tired/fatigued. I asked my neuro about this, and he said yes, ataxia can cause vision/eye problems. In terms of tests, I've had an MRI (3 thus far, every 5 years since diagnosis, eleven years ago). I had a nerve/muscle test (don't know what it's called) when first diagnosed, along with many blood tests. Beyond that, there may be newer tests available now...,I just know I have a movement disorder, as my gait/balance is severely compromised, as well as dexterity (no more tests for me...,ha!)..., ;o)

This is a very important question, Perplexed. There is an ongoing study in the States, paid by the NFL to study the brain of former football players who had concussions years ago. I saw a report on TV about this and for more info, you can google “NFL concussion study”. I read somewhere that some of the athletes had Parkinson’s like symptoms. Also, the CDC has put in place a protocol to help school and parents of young athletes to recognize the symptoms of concussion and get their child checked right away, advising them that it is not a good idea to keep on playing if hurt…

Best wishes to you. Take care.

I don't know about concussions and MRI's, and that sort of thing, me and 2 of my sisters inherited our SCA 1 from our Dad. I do have lots of blurred vision, even with reading glasses, and it seems to be mostly in the morning, after I wake. I wondered if others had it, and if it would be beneficial to go to the eye doctor?? At one point I was wearing bifocal contact lenses, and I loved them.....didn't know if that would be better or even work now? I do know that my diagnosis was made via blood test.

Thanks!!

Kathy

Kathy, if you decide to consult an ophtalmologist, (would not be a bad idea if you are concerned about your problem), try to find a neuro-ophtalmologist. They specialize in problems caused by neurological issues and will be more apt to help you.
Good luck to you. Take care.

Cicina said:

Kathy, if you decide to consult an ophtalmologist, (would not be a bad idea if you are concerned about your problem), try to find a neuro-ophtalmologist. They specialize in problems caused by neurological issues and will be more apt to help you.
Good luck to you. Take care.
My only problem now with going to a doctor, is finances, I have no money, always run out before pay day....but thanks for sharing!!