Opinions on Medications and Treatments You've Experienced

I heard people say they get hungry when on steroids but personally, I was more excited than hungry.

Patsy

Well, so far the Prednisone has not been what I expected - both good and bad. My husband has noticed that every time he comes home I am in a different mood, and I'm not usually a moody person. The very first day I was starving, but thankfully that hasn't been a problem since. The only consistent complaint I have is how spacey it makes me, and the let downs. Seems like as it starts wearing off in the evenings or especially in the mornings before I take my pills I am just dragging. Otherwise I feel pretty good - so I'm happy it isn't much worse! I'm very sensitive to most drugs so this is going well for me so far.

Also, my husband's cousin is a neurologist and he hates to prescribe steroids. He very much recommended that I try the IVIG which he uses frequently with his patients and has great results. He said that some of his patients have been on IVIG for years... So I suppose that I will just see how this treatment goes, and what happens afterwards. Keeping my fingers crossed that this works though so I don't have to try anything else!! :)

thanks for sharing - looking forward to hearing more - good to have neurologist in the family.

Take care, Patsy

Madopar has helped me with cramping in arms, recognised anti parkinsons medication

Used for 6 mths and now I can type this gotta be good!

Patsy, what do you take the muscle relaxers for? Do they help? I have been very frustrated that now that I am backing off of the steroids my tremors and muscle cramping have come back. That seems to be the only thing the steroids helped with - unfortunately they made everything else much worse. I am finally down to 20mg, and haven't gained too much but I do have the moon face. Ugh. Hoping that goes away soon...

Patsy said:

yes magnesium is quite helpful for me but I do also take ant inflammatory and muscle relaxer [half a pill late evening] - that's baclofen. I take loads of vits and minerals too !!!!

Patsy

Thats awesome! I'm glad you found something that works for your arms that you can type again!

Eric said:

Madopar has helped me with cramping in arms, recognised anti parkinsons medication

Used for 6 mths and now I can type this gotta be good!

Baclofen is for stiffness in muscles - I take half a 10mg pill in late afternoon.

Patsy