Starting IVIG therapy soon... Prednisone not working. ANYONE ever had IVIG?

Well, unfortunately the Prednisone isn't working. My symptoms have continued to decline, and I was hoping it was because of the Prednisone that it was worse, but doc doesn't seem to think so. He wants me to start on IVIG as soon as possible. Have any of you used the IVIG therapy before? I'm very nervous - although I was very nervous about the Prednisone too, and it hasn't been as bad as i had worked myself up for.

hugs xx

Thank you. :-) Hugs help!

Patsy said:

hugs xx

Our daughter has had both high dose Prednisolone and IVIG therapy. We do not feel there was any improvement in her symptoms with Prednisolone, although there may have been slight improvement during IVIG therapy. She tolerated IVIG therapy well. I think you should be able to tolerate the therapy.

Good Luck,

Pauline

Thank you for the response. I hope so! I'm not feeling as optimistic now that the steroids weren't working. I won't start the IVIG yet for a few weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed though... it seems awfully expensive to only 'maybe' work. :(

Pauline Brotherton said:

Our daughter has had both high dose Prednisolone and IVIG therapy. We do not feel there was any improvement in her symptoms with Prednisolone, although there may have been slight improvement during IVIG therapy. She tolerated IVIG therapy well. I think you should be able to tolerate the therapy.

Good Luck,

Pauline