Searching for Ataxia patients in Miami, Florida

My name is Jose Fernandez de Castro. I was diagnosed in 2015 as having Spinocerebellar Ataxia 2. Ataxia is an often-fatal degenerative neurological disorder which affects an estimated 150,000 Americans. There are many forms of ataxia which are caused by a dominant or recessive gene. There are also forms which are Sporadic which have no known genetic link or family history.

Earlier this month, I had the opportunity to be the Ambassador for the National Ataxia Foundation (NAF) here in Miami. I am currently compiling a ‘count’ of who in the Miami area is an Ataxia patient. My main goal as the Ambassador for the Foundation is to hold quarterly Support meetings where we review advancements in treatment, treatment resources and resource presentations amongst other agenda items.

Some of my other duties is providing support to newly diagnosed patients, assist with Foundation and local resource information, participate in local health fairs, and distribute NAF literature.

Should you have Ataxia or know someone in Miami who can benefit, please feel free to contact me either via phone at XXX-XXX-XXX or via email at XXX@XX.
Please contact me and I’ll get right back to you. Please do not reply with contact information as you never know where that info goes!
Thank you,
Jose

(Email address removed by Modsupport for the member’s online security. Please share contact information via private message by clicking on the person’s avatar, and then on the blue message icon.)