Sleep Disturbance and /nightmares?

Sometimes these problems are related to repressed childhood traumas.

Eric I agree totally. Have you read Jung's book, "Active Imagination"? These problems are probably due to stress and trauma and are repressed thoughts and feelings that need to surface or they will cause more disease.

My 16month old son wakes with night terrors. The doctors are quite positive he has episodic ataxia, we have to have genetic testing to confirm. I have often wondered if the night terrors we’re associated with the ataxia.

I did not have symptoms of sleep disturbance before the ataxia so I doubt dream interpretation would help. Plus I do not remember my dreams as I often remain asleep.

"Cerebellar ataxia comprises a group of debilitating diseases that are the result of progressive cerebellar degeneration. Recent studies suggest that, like other neurodegenerative diseases, sleep impairments are common in cerebellar ataxia. In light of the role of sleep in mood regulation and cognition, we sought to assess interactions between sleep, cognition, and affect in individuals with cerebellar ataxia." There is lots of research on ataxia and sleep disturbances. This quote was from May of this year.

There are also issues such as thyroid and hormone imbalances. Many of these issues can be helped with essential oils, which bypass the blood-brain barrier.

If you want to investigate this, i recommend Young Living Essential Oils. This company has been around for 20 years and is completely reliable, These YLO oils have helped me with glutnataxia, memory, balance, digestion, and other challenges. The average essential oils do not perform on this level and can make things worse.

Hope this helps!

Non-Celiac Disease Gluten Sensitivity, NCDGS could be another cause as it affect the brain.

Here are a couple of links that describe the symptoms frin

Brain Damage

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/1452d710007ef933

Glute Ataxia
http://celiacdisease.about.com/od/GlutenAtaxia/a/Gluten-Ataxia-Trea...

Hope this helps!

I know when I was taking that med, that I couldn't remember conversations before bed or going to bed. The dreams I had them before my diagnosis all the way back to my childhood.