Something I'm gratefull for

This is Ron and @ 69 years old Ataxia sucks(actually @ any age).Today I'm gratefull for the following:All my life I've been a collector of one thing or another.When I was a kid,it was baseball cards and as I became older it was antique guns,swords bayonets and police badges.Even though my wife became knowledgeable I didn't want people to take advantage of her when I was gone.I sold all my guns,swords and bayonets and just recently sold all my police and fire collectables @ my terms and price.That means a lot to me;for what its worth.

You are not going to meet your maker for quite a while yet Ron:):) But selling off collectables at the right time can be wise!

Take care, hugs from Holland, Elle.

Thanks I really needed an online hug today;thanks Elle

You are more than welcome Ron:) And, YES..ataxia sucks. BUT, after all these years I consider it as a GIFT. Sounds strange huh. Best to have it myself than my children or husband. Now THAT would be a major hurt,

Another hug..take care, Elle

mibadge said:

You are an Angel,Elle..

Elle Strik said:

You are more than welcome Ron:) And, YES..ataxia sucks. BUT, after all these years I consider it as a GIFT. Sounds strange huh. Best to have it myself than my children or husband. Now THAT would be a major hurt,

Another hug..take care, Elle

mibadge said:

Well thank you Ozzy:):slight_smile: Just what I needed…you made my day!

Does anyone else have a lot of leg pain associated with ataxia Ron

Hi Ron :blush: My legs always feel heavy and occasionally very restless, annoyingly this is usually when I want sleep :roll_eyes:

Restless Leg Syndrome is common, and it’s possible to try medication to get relief​:slightly_smiling_face: I haven’t as yet done this, holding out as long as possible :smirk:

I have most pain in my right arm, the muscle tightens/spasms during sleep and often wakes me. It’s now automatic to lift the arm above my head and stretch to relieve tension :smirk:xB

Hi Ron, I have burning pain in my legs all the time. I have sharp stabbing pain a few times a day and cramps at night a few times a week. I also have restless legs a few times a week. I tried Gabapentin but nothing changed. Like Beryl said, sleep gets disrupted.

Well I suspected as much but life goes on,I guess it could be worse,at least I still have feeling and an understanding wife.Thankyou for your reply.

:blush: An understanding spouse/partner is not to be underestimated. My husband hasn’t always been this way, I thought it would never happen.

If anyone is looking for pain relief/help with symptoms, it’s
always worth looking at the Fact Sheet relating to Medications on www.ataxia.org :slightly_smiling_face:xB

Amen…I couldn’t agree more,without my wife and all her help and support,I could never get through a day alone .mibadge

Yes ! Ron, I have severe left leg pain with sensory ataxia. Just diagnosed last month. I sure could use guidance and help from all of you angels out there!

My Doctor just put me on Tizinodine taken 3 times a day. Cleared up my muscle spasms with an hour. Baclofin is an antispasmatic that also works. Ask your Dr.

I am grateful for the sun and the colors of the leaves in the fall. My children, my family, and the ability to walk. I am grateful for the moon , wind, rain and all the universal elements of Mother Earth. We are all just holding hands walking each other home.

I couldn’t have put it better…life is either good or bad it all depends on you. Ron