Trial of IVIG

According to the National Ataxia Foundation website, there’s a trial being conducted at the moment.

This is at the University of South Florida, Morsani Centre for Advance Healthcare, Tampa, Florida 33612

They are conducting an open-label trial of Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIG) in treating Spinocerebellar Ataxia.

Im registered with for 4 years with various registers but not called yet. Is there a secret that I’m missing?

:slightly_smiling_face: Hi Thomas, I looked on https://clinicaltrials.gov It appears that the trial I referred to is actually still recruiting, despite status being shown as unknown :thinking: They are specifically looking at SCAs 1, 2, 3, 6, 10 and 11 and there is is list of Inclusion Criteria and Exclusion Criteria.

The Clinical Trial Study Identifier is NCT02287064
This study commenced in 2014 and anticipated completion was 2016. For whatever reason, this didn’t happen and they are still recruiting.

At www.centerwatch.com there’s a direct link to the Doctor/Research Site. Search IVIG SCA. Also, on this site, you can request to be notified of future trials relating to the medical condition that you specify :slightly_smiling_face: xB

1 Like