Vests

I have an appointment for the "therapeutic" vests in NYC in early December. Any advice? Insights?

No advice Neta , just good luck and hope it goes well

Thanks pal

Punk said:

No advice Neta , just good luck and hope it goes well

Let us know how it goes. I found out there is a place here in Texas. I would like to go but no money right now. Please let us know how it works for you!!

ok btw there may be a place in Texas that does a similar thing (I know this from 2 sources who said they had a similar device, neiither connected to the outfit we know of....but will report...
PG said:

Let us know how it goes. I found out there is a place here in Texas. I would like to go but no money right now. Please let us know how it works for you!!

x

I also have an early December appointment in Kentucky. Hoping it goes well as my youngest daughter is getting married next fall and it be so great to walk her down the aisle. I know it may not work but I have to try.

It might work. I’m going to think that it will help you. Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps. I am a little bothered that it has a very odd "scientific" board but yesterday, as a test, I put light weights (very rudimentay test) in my purse and on one wrist and I found it a bit helpful so maybe the PT/inventor is on to something. Dunno. We shall see... N

Bob in st louis said:

I also have an early December appointment in Kentucky. Hoping it goes well as my youngest daughter is getting married next fall and it be so great to walk her down the aisle. I know it may not work but I have to try.

Thanks for your vote of confidence. As i said to "Bob in St. Louis", I am bothered that their (Balancewear Inc) "scientific" backers who are really not in neurology at all but it does make sense that weights help with balance, I think,. I have experimented by slipping on my own wewights and that helps somewhat with the walking. Still, I would love to hear from someone who has it. But I am hopeful. My daughter mentioned that her son, who suffers from a variety of preeemie problems (but he is ambulatory) once wore such a vest and she found it helpful. I think there are like-minded companies, making similar products.

PG said:

It might work. I'm going to think that it will help you. Let me know how it goes.

I too have been experimenting. My left side is weak and I put a heavy purse on my right shoulder to try to help balance me out and it worked pretty good. The vest thing sounds like it might work to me.

neta said:

I hope it helps. I am a little bothered that it has a very odd "scientific" board but yesterday, as a test, I put light weights (very rudimentay test) in my purse and on one wrist and I found it a bit helpful so maybe the PT/inventor is on to something. Dunno. We shall see... N

Bob in st louis said:

Keep us posted. I want to get one here in Texas but need to try to figure out a fund raiser so I can get one. No insurance.

I also have no insurance in the USA but I don't care (if it helps.) I also wear a heavy purse/pocket book on my left side which is helpful although my husband and I went to a 9:45 pm movie (during which I fell asleep). It was rather long, over at 11;45 and between the darkness and the lateness of the hour, I found myself staggering somewhat to the car. Thanks again 4 your confidence. N