What causes Cereberal ataxia?

I write because I read about some treatments of one dermatology and one liver hereditary illness. Simple conclusion is that doctors repaired DNA of this persons using some harmless virus. So I think how it could be used to treat cerebellar ataxia. And I do not even know what causes this disease, the lack of something or the surplus of something or it’s just like that. For some reason, these cereberal cells are dying. Do you think this DNA repair can be used for ataxia?

:slightly_smiling_face: Hereditary Ataxias are caused by a defect in a certain gene, to date, research has not been able to ‘modify’ or find a cure.

There are several other causes for ataxia such as stroke, aquired ataxia due to trauma, illness, medication or alcohol abuse, as well as Gluten Ataxia. Many people simply have Idiopathic Cerebellar Ataxia, when no specific cause can be found.

Currently over 100 different types have been identified but not all are yet at a testing stage for patients. The type of treatment you describe is not available, possibly not suitable, for our Neurological condition. You may find it helpful to log onto www.ataxia.org :slightly_smiling_face: xB

Not yet and usually scientists try to solve the mysteries of the heredity Ataxia first.