Gene Therapy for Hereditary Ataxias?

Reading about future directions in ataxia research I am hopeful about gene therapy for treating hereditary ataxias. If they can get it working for one type it sounds like the method should work for others. I don't know much about this, but it sounds promising. Does anyone have any information about this to share?

There is interesting research is done by doctors everywhere. There is a lot of information out there some of it's good and some of its bad. I know there's a doctor in Boston in the beginning phases of stem cell research. If you find information about stem cell therapy from China, I believe that's a hoax. They are doing magnetic impulse treatment in Boston and I believe in the Midwest but this is not a cure just a treatment, hopefully. They are trying different drugs on people to see if they get benefit. I think the key is finding a doctor that's knowledgeable in ataxia and figuring out what works for you. Go to this website http://www.ataxia.org/ it is the national ataxia foundation's website, look at the links at the top of the page, there is one for research.