I’m not at the point to need a wheelchair, but what are the ones that have arm pedals that you push down to go, called?

Do you mean a handcycle? You can get wheelchair attachments, or recumbent handcycles. I ride and race a recumbent handcycle.

No, I watched a YouTube video with a guy from the UK that had Fredericks ataxia. He rode in a wheelchair that had little pedals that he could push down and it made him go. I was wondering what it is called. I would like to get one like that when I need one so I won’t always have to grab the wheels and push them to roll.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-lJiafp6xuA this is the video of the guy…his wheelchair is what I’m talking about. What is that type called?

I tried to find what you are looking for, but I found this instead. This is good too and it would seem less tiring to pedal with the feet rather than the arms. However, I could not find anything about where to buy it. I do not know if it is available in the USA.
You might want to call a Medical Supply Company.

The gentleman you saw with the hand pedal wheelchair could have had his custom made perhaps?
Good luck to you and keep walking to avoid any type of chair as long as you can! Take care

Thanks, I will!

Propulsion levers? You can buy them and attach them to certain types of wheelchair.

I’m thinking that a PT might know at maybe a local school or hospital?

Also, it looks like maybe it’s an attachment? that could maybe be found at a medical supply store?

It’s a shot in the dark.

Darn good question I am very interested in a wheelchair that is easier to manipulate especially

over carpet. I'll let you know if I find anything like that here

Propulsion levers… That’s them. Very cool, thanks.

I remember now! This is what I saw. Is this what you are talking about?

And here is the link to the “pedal wheelchair” I mentionned earlier

Yes, it is. Thanks!

The company is called Wijit. There were a few at last year's NAF conference.

Is there a conference every year? How long does it usually last?

Yes there is. It is three days every March rotating between regions of the US.

Yes there is. It is three days every March rotating between regions of the US.

Go to www.ataxia.org ;