Where are you?

My mom is in Chicago, Illinois. Originally from County Monaghan, Ireland.

I’m kim in England devon. I think this is brill idea it also allows you to contact people who are near you.
Don’t know if I’m doing it right.

Hi! I'm from Peabody, MA also.! Class of 1956 at PHS, Moved to Reading about 45 years ago. Could it be the leather fumes had anything to do with our health?

gelu65 said:

Hi Suzi, You are in a great state and I used to live there in Peabody, left about 55 yrs ago.I now live In Orangevale Ca It is about 20 miles from Sacramento.

Great Idea!

Stockton, Kansas

Duluth, Georgia USA

Hi! Lived in CA all my life, came too South Carolina seven years ago. Have progressive Ataxia and retired at 62 am now 66 and getting worse! Thank God for good friends and having all of you who understands!

1 Like

Right now, I live in powhatan, va... it's a very rural area. I live with my mom, and right now, we're live with my bro and his family.... we are looking for a place of our own. probly in Midlothian, chesterfield, and north chesterfield. all cities are in Virginia.. I really feel that I need a support group or a counselor to talk out some stuff. I also have sleep apnea and I cry a lot, almost everyday, sometimes multiple times a day. all a person has to do is raise their voice at me, and I break don, bawling like a baby. I feel alone. I don't want to feel that way. I'm 30 y/o and I have the behavior of a 12 y/o. I know that because I have a neice who's 12. I'm a hermit and I keep to myself, almost spending all day on my computer. I often think what it would be if I weren't here, but that would be unfair to those who love me. I quickly change that mindset. I get mad at myself because I know I'm much better off than others. I'm lucky and have been blessed, although I'm not really a religious person. my brother wants me to go to counseling, but for awhile now, I've rejected the idea. I don't really know why. I figured I'd give this a try, because there's no support group around here for ataxia. I have cerebellar ataxia.

1 Like

Canada - Originally from Ontario. Moved to British Columbia two years ago.

Welcome, friendly face,

I think your brother is right. If you can, go to a therapist who will give you coping skills. Talking is very helpful. Therapists do not judge you, they listen and that alone is a tremendous help.
Also, talking to people on this group is great. They all understand what you are going through. It is like holding hand with each other. And if begin to fall, they pull you up.

But sometimes, it is not a bad idea, if it is necessary, to get on an antidepressant. Your therapist will let you know if she feels you need it.
You have recognized your situation and that is good. You are aware of your emotional state and that is half the battle.
Keep fighting and be strong and do not be afraid to ask for help. There is no shame.
Take care and best wishes.

Hi! This a good idea. I've told others this is a worldwide support group, and you can see it is.

I am living in a small town in Southeast Texas which is Hubby's hometown. i am originally from San Antonio, TX. We are now near Louisiana north of Beaumont just at the south edge of the Big Thicket. This part of Texas is different than one usually thinks of Texas.

Hi Suzi… I am in Ealing, London,UK

Oregon, USA

Good Idea, I am from Pierre, South Dakota . I have SCA6.

Hi....I was diagnosed 5 years ago.....its a hereditary Ataxia.....still undetermined type.....I live in Corby, Northants (UK)

Hi Suzi, I grew up in the Black Hills of South Dakota but now live in Aurora Co.

N. Ca now raised in Il.

Patsy here... I am in Colchester, England, UK but was born in Walthamstow, East London.

The leather could have that was awful to work around but it fed everyone. I would have graduated in 52.I went to St johns but never graduated. too busy getting in trouble I guess.

Umigal said:

Hi! I'm from Peabody, MA also.! Class of 1956 at PHS, Moved to Reading about 45 years ago. Could it be the leather fumes had anything to do with our health?

gelu65 said:

Hi Suzi, You are in a great state and I used to live there in Peabody, left about 55 yrs ago.I now live In Orangevale Ca It is about 20 miles from Sacramento.

I'm from New Jersey, USA

Enfield, North London, England